QM2 5-28 August New York-New York review

esrs

• 2 weeks later...

ears,

I started your review sitting in my den in Chicago and quickly found myself transported to the Queens Grill of the QM2. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and descriptive review. Although still 4 years away, my wife and I are hoping to sail in QG for our 50th Anniversary. You have answered a lot of questions and have further heightened our desire to do so. 

On our Crossing this past May we spent a week in London before boarding the QM2. Like you we scheduled our booster 2 weeks before starting our journey. Again like you, we did not get COVID and we were far less cautious. I think that the timing of the booster played a big part in that. 

Thanks again for the great review.

Jack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Thanks so much. There has been so little written recently. We are also in the Queens Grill for a longish cruise.

it sounds like boarding in Brooklyn is no longer the nightmare it once was?  Did you get a port arrival time?

We had an arrival time of noon. It wasn't a great experience but it could have been much worse. There seem to be many opportunities for arbitrary decisions by terminal staff to create delays. 

3 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

ears,

I started your review sitting in my den in Chicago and quickly found myself transported to the Queens Grill of the QM2. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and descriptive review. Although still 4 years away, my wife and I are hoping to sail in QG for our 50th Anniversary. You have answered a lot of questions and have further heightened our desire to do so. 

On our Crossing this past May we spent a week in London before boarding the QM2. Like you we scheduled our booster 2 weeks before starting our journey. Again like you, we did not get COVID and we were far less cautious. I think that the timing of the booster played a big part in that. 

Thanks again for the great review.

Jack

Thank you for the kind words!

Good point…. I am also going to wait a little before getting our boosters and flu shots. We are going to the Caribbean but that doesn’t seem to prevent Covid. We just came back from a Disney cruise and despite precruise testing, many people did come back with Covid,

We all had it in June and July so an August cruise wasn’t worrisome.

• Like 1