Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

For my starter I ordered the appetizer portion of the pasta carbonara.

20220921_223744-X2.jpg

For mains I got the striped bass and the lobster.

20220921_225557-X2.jpg

20220921_225612-X2.jpg

My mom's dessert. 

20220921_231134-X2.jpg

And mine - coffee cake.

20220921_231139-X2.jpg

Great meal and great service. The only dish that I didn't care for was the lobster. I'm not sure why I continue to even order it lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

And mine - coffee cake.

20220921_231139-X2.jpgGreat meal and great service. The only dish that I didn't care for was the lobster. I'm not sure why I continue to even order it lol.

What didn't you like about the lobster?  When we had it on MG, it smelled weird.  

Good morning. With the time change I am now two hours behind eastern.

No brunch today. Instead they have breakfast and lunch. I was hoping they had the upcharge brunch in the steakhouse I was going to try that today but I don't see it. Hopefully it will make an appearance later in the cruise.

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What didn't you like about the lobster?  When we had it on MG, it smelled weird.  

It was overcooked. Same for the side of risotto which I uses to love and wish they served as a main dish. It was like mush in ny mouth.

I had the same issue last week.

It is still better than what they serve on royal where I have stopped ordering it.

• Like 1

They are doing free caricatures every sea day from 12-3. There are sign-ups and the slots are full for the first four sea days. They will be doing more sign-ups after our day in Cabo so we will try again then. 

Glad it is everyday I thought I missed it yesterday.

• Like 1

When I went to lunch my mom was next on standby. She is still next. Everyone is showing up for their appointment glad I didn't hang around. I don't think I'm going to wait I'll try again later in the cruise.

Lunch was great. I'd like to see this more often but I suspect if it gets popular it won't be as good. Nice quiet empty dining  room and the food was super hot which is not something I can say often about cruise food.

Same menu as last week but I'll post again since it isn't a common menu.

Screenshot_20220922-150828_Carnival%20HU

I ordered the chicken cutlet.

20220922_144551-X2.jpg

Very generous portion and very tasty.

I also got the beef stew.

20220922_145534-X2.jpg

For dessert I had the vacation sundae.

20220922_145949-X2.jpg

• Like 3

Fun facts learned at this Q&A:

19xx guests 

923 crew (little lower than last week I think)

If cases are low masks can come off after day 8, Miami will determine 

Miami also programs the background music based on the demographic onboard (I liked it much better last week 😆)

• Like 1

@jam19872016 Will you be posting photos of the ports that you are visiting while you are traveling, or are you waiting to post those photos once you are home?

It seems that you have been posting a lot of food photos, but not many of places you have been to on this vacation.

I think it is difficult to realize where you are in your travels.

MJ

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@jam19872016 Will you be posting photos of the ports that you are visiting while you are traveling, or are you waiting to post those photos once you are home?

It seems that you have been posting a lot of food photos, but not many of places you have been to on this vacation.

I think it is difficult to realize where you are in your travels.

MJ

My food photos don't help you visualize where I am? Right now I'm between lunch and dinner, although I am approaching dinner and just waiting for clearance from the local authorities.

All kidding aside, I will have photos of my stops in Alaska in the next few days but it is a slow process uploading them one at a time to my photo host.

I won't have any additional pics of Ketchikan I have posted all i have. I also won't have much of the additional ports as my mom's mobility will not allow for it unless her pain eases up. Seattle and Alaska have done her in.

I will rustle up a visual of the itinerary and post it later.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My mom's starter was the stir dry buckwheat pasta.

20220922_210522-X2.jpg

She enjoyed this dish.

For my starters I got the corn fritters and pineapple and cucumber salad.

20220922_210527-X2.jpg

20220922_211118-X2.jpg

The fritters were good. The salad was a salad lol. I enjoyed it though.

For mains I got the teriyaki pork chop and the fish and shrimp.

20220922_212233-X2.jpg

20220922_212945-X2.jpg

The fish was good but that pork chop? Fantastic. My mom got it also and it's her favorite thing this trip.

Dessert was the red velvet cake with a very unique presentation.

20220922_214313-X2.jpg

• Like 4

On the way out my mom had to rave about how good her pork chop was. I mentioned I liked the different menu and they said the crew were excited too because they cook the same 7-8 menus every week so they were excited to cook something different.

The dining room was empty tonight so not everyone shared in our excitement 😆. They missed out on a great meal.

• Like 1

Also on the way out I got invited to an al fresco dinner on the 25th. I have no idea what to expect. I hope they use the same menu because it is another new menu that night 🤪.

The sun was setting as we left dinner.

20220922_215818-X2.jpg

Back in the room our towel animal had a puppy.

20220922_221107-X2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning. There was an event at 930 I wanted to do "walk a mile with Erin" but I was sleeping good so I just kept sleeping. I'll just do my walking alone again 😁.

I got my first invite to a diamond gathering. That will be today at noon. They had a group go yesterday so a lot of diamonds onboars for this journeys cruise.

Today I think is the better option because yesterday was the unique lunch menu and today they are serving brunch again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh my, my hubby would loooove that red velvet cake dessert you had! 

I am really, really enjoying your live review, thank you so much for doing this. It is tiding me over until my upcoming cruise, which cant get here soon enough!!

It was yummy. My mom had mentioned she didn't like red velvet cake just the cream cheese. This would have been perfect for her, it was very little cake mostly cream cheese. Very good.

Glad your enjoying thanks for reading along.