Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

3 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Thanks for finding out the Alchemists! I don't know them, but looking forward to their drinks already?

Since you mentioned the gym, how is it? Do they have sweat towels available? 

The gym is one of the smallest I've ever seen on a ship. But it has been almost complete empty each time I've gone. I will look for sweat towels next time I head that way.

• Like 1

Rewinding back to this afternoon there were two options for lunch I've not seen before.

One was a brunch from 10-1 in the steakhouse. This was an upcharge but I forgot the price. If it is available I plan to try it at least once on another leg of this cruise.

The other was a sit down lunch in the MDR and that is where I dined for lunch.

Screenshot_20220915-162736_Carnival%20HU

I ordered the rigatoni and baked fish.

20220915_165506-X2.jpg

20220915_165511-X2.jpg

Between us we ordered all three desserts.

Vacation sundae.

20220915_170408-X2.jpg

Pineapple upside down cake.

20220915_170413-X2.jpg

Passionfruit mousse.

20220915_170417-X2.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't care for the rigatoni but the rest was good. It was dead in there we were about the only ones enjoying a sit down lunch in there. 

I spend the rest of the afternoon getting some exercise in and enjoying the scenery. I will post some pictures later of Tracy Arm Fjord from the ship.

• Like 1

For starters I ordered the bbq pulled pork slider and spring rolls.

20220915_233530-X2.jpg

20220915_233540-X2.jpg

Both were very good. 

For my main I ordered something new to the menu - wienersnitzel.

20220915_234924-X2.jpg

Very delicious addition to the menu. 

Dessert was cheesecake which I also enjoyed.

20220916_001135-X2.jpg

• Like 3

Scale is working now that we are docked. Says I gained 1.2 lbs this cruise so far. I liked it better yesterday when I had lost 16 😆

Was a little lost at breakfast. Almost everything for breakfast has an obscenely high calorie count.

I used to get plain oatmeal but it tastes terrible with no sugar. My new go to is a small 0late of scrambled eggs but after yesterday I wasn't excited to try those eggs again.

So I landed on some frozen yogurt 😋. Doesn't seem healthy but it comes in at just 100 calories.

Heading into town now my mom wants to get some shopping in but looking from the ship I don't really see anything close by. We will see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back from our tour. I'll post pics later once I get some downtime to do a pic dump 🤪

I've got the same problem as st.greg with stewards giving push back on PM service. My mom left the snoozing sign on the second night (which is the first night they service your room) so she came yesterday am which is fine since we didn't get service the night before.

Well when we came back today our room was already done so I guess once again I will not be getting the PM service I requested.

Not an isolated incident and I know everyone says to cut them some slack they have too many rooms to service, but I never see these folks in the halls at night anymore. Royal Caribbean stewards are out just as late in the early afternoon and again all night.

BTW it was only 830 when we discovered we had left the sign on the door, what time did she decide to quit for the night? I thought their hours were till 9 when they worked a full evening shift.

Not a huge deal I'm pretty low maintenance but I do feel like I'm overpaying for cabin service compared to the level of service I receive on other lines.

</rant>

Skipped lunch today which is fine but I'm hungry so it will be dinner time soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SF Cfan said:

Jam, thanks for taking the time to post menus, pictures and comments on the food.  It is appreciated.  We are booked on the Spirit next year.

You're very welcome 😁

14 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

The best way to save calories at breakfast is to just sleep until lunchtime haha. I'm not sure if they can do egg-white omelets but that is usually a good choice in the morning. 

I agree with your breakfast strategy 🤣.  When I cruise solo I do typically sleep till lunch or very close to lunch 😀.

The other day I slept till 10 and had to hear about how I slept the whole day away 😒

• Haha 3

For my starters I got the fried mozzarella which is a recent addition to the menu and the baked meatballs.

20220916_230313-X2.jpg

20220916_230319-X2.jpg

Making up for skipping lunch I ordered two dinners. I got the linguine with Italian sausage and beef tenderloin.

20220916_232059-X2.jpg

20220916_232106-X2.jpg

I tried a bite of my mom's dinner which is another new item and it was delicious and I'll be getting it next week.

Salmon coulibiac

20220916_232040-X2.jpg

For dessert I had the double roasted pineapple.

20220916_233703-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, CruiseMGM said:

I really liked Chopstix on our recent cruise! The Crispy Orange Chicken was really good, and the noodle dishes I tried were also very good! Now my mouth is watering! 😄

Try the fried broccoli if they have it one day, the missing tooth mukbanger dude turned me on to it and it was dang tasty!  

• Like 1