Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

Looking forward to your views on the Spirt.  We were on her in May, we had a great time and enjoyed the ship.  We also had great weather, hope you do also.

We will be joining you for the Panama Canal crossing and the staying on for 2-day Nassau and then for the 8-day Caribbean. So, a b2b2b for days. 

1 hour ago, a&w said:

Excited to "follow" along with you!!  Being from AZ, I am jealous of the Alaska weather you will be having!

Happy exploring!

Thanks. Weather is perfect already after two weeks in Europe where air conditioning wad considered a luxury. Wonderful crisp to the air without being cold at all.

8 minutes ago, gamblingrandma said:

Following. I'm boarding the Spirit in mid October.  Can't wait to read all about it. 

What date I might still be onboard lol.

Just now, meskel503 said:

Looking forward to your views on the Spirt.  We were on her in May, we had a great time and enjoyed the ship.  We also had great weather, hope you do also.

We will be joining you for the Panama Canal crossing and the staying on for 2-day Nassau and then for the 8-day Caribbean. So, a b2b2b for days. 

Nice that's my itinerary also plus Alaska. See you onboard.

We abandoned the bus idea. Looked at a couple options including the city bus (eek) and ended uo going with the train.

The Front desk was very helpful and told us we were a 10 minute walk to the light rail so that's what we did. Got a little lost but we made it and now we are on our way.

• Like 2

So once we got on the train we took the stop to the space needle. We needed to purchase a ticket for the tram that took us to the space needle.

We passed by many art installations along the way.

20220911_160522-L.jpg

We needed a bathroom break first so followed the signs that led inside where a cultural festival was going on.

img_1662944877401-L.jpg

I tried some bubble tea for the first time and my mom and I shared some lunch.

img_1662945021947-XL.jpg

img_1662944901882-XL.jpg

img_1662944926527-XL.jpg

• Like 4

Along the way there was a glass blowing demonstration that I stopped to watch and I found it neat to watch.

Afterwards my mom was getting tired so we made the journey back to our hotel and saved the rest of our city pass for the next day.

Walking back

img_1662947491581-X2.jpg

A lot of political flyers posted on the street poles.

img_1662947553322-X2.jpg

Most of them were anti police rhetoric.

img_1662947598017-X2.jpg

img_1662947631434-X2.jpg

img_1662947661029-X2.jpg

It's a tough town to be a cop in. I can't imagine trying to protect and serve a population that finds this acceptable to hang in public, and its everywhere.

• Like 1

One final observation and I will stop bashing Seattle lol. A bag was .08, water is sold in cartons, and there were billboards all over proclaiming how green Seattle is but.....

Seattle is filthy. I noticed the same thing in Europe (which also proclaims to be green). The streets are filled with litter. Maybe they have also defunded the trash collectors and street cleaners?

img_1662948251576-X2.jpg

img_1662948282527-X2.jpg

• Like 4

Dinner was good. Service not so much. I ordered baklava for dessert but it never came. I took that as a sign I didn't need it. Walked to the nearby 7-11 and grabbed a snack for each of us for dessert.

My mom wasn't crazy about hers. It was her first time trying Indian food and she wasn't a fan. I will be eating her butter chicken for breakfast tomorrow lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1