Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

I am enjoying your review and photos. Mind if I join you on Tuesday? I am going to Miami the long way too.

I am sorry you are getting pushback from the steward. They do work hard, but I found if you speak nicely and show some verbal reinforcement they will take care of you. Do not hesitate to call if you have any special request, like towels or ice. I am also shocked you accepted cold sirloin. There is not a waiter on the floor that would want to eat cold steak himself, and would be happy to replace it with a hot fresh plate. 

Keep up the good work. 

7 hours ago, Moviela said:

I am enjoying your review and photos. Mind if I join you on Tuesday? I am going to Miami the long way too.

I am sorry you are getting pushback from the steward. They do work hard, but I found if you speak nicely and show some verbal reinforcement they will take care of you. Do not hesitate to call if you have any special request, like towels or ice. I am also shocked you accepted cold sirloin. There is not a waiter on the floor that would want to eat cold steak himself, and would be happy to replace it with a hot fresh plate. 

Keep up the good work. 

Come join me 😁.

I'm not too worried about the am service, like I said I'm pretty low maintenance I just don't care for the idea of offering one thing and delivering another. Especially since it seems to be every ship post covid it almost has to be a corporate directive. Add in using Covid as an excuse and it rubs me the wrong way. 

The steak- meh, cold wasn't the right word maybe room temperature. The food has been very good overall so I can overlook the occasional hiccup. Plus now I know what to skip next week so I can order that salmon dish my mom got 😋

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, natefish95 said:

Thanks for finding out the Alchemists! I don't know them, but looking forward to their drinks already?

Since you mentioned the gym, how is it? Do they have sweat towels available? 

20220917_205246-X2.jpg

They do indeed. I tried to get photos of the space but there were actually people in there today. 

• Like 1

I really can't describe how beautiful the scenery is. I've never looked at other people's photos and "got" it. I'm I really can't describe how beautiful the scenery is. I've never looked at other people's photos and "got" it. I'm no photographer so you probably won't get it either.

This is something you have to experience for yourself. It's truly amazing.

Some photos this afternoon as we left Juneau.

20220917_195502-X2.jpg

20220917_195559-X2.jpg

20220917_210034-X2.jpg

20220917_210055-X2.jpg

20220917_210104-X2.jpg

• Like 3

Tonight's dinner menu is my least favorite bit I still enjoyed another wonderful dinner.

Started with an appetizer portion of the lasagna.

20220918_002353-X2.jpg

For my main I ordered the salmon and I tried something new with low expectations that ended up being fantastic, corn, chilli and quinoa baked tomato.

20220918_002928-X2.jpg

20220918_002934-X2.jpg

My mom enjoyed her spareribs.

20220918_003132-X2.jpg

For dessert I had the banana spilt off the kids menu.

20220918_004532-X2.jpg

I enjoyed another great dinner.

• Like 3

@jam19872016.....enjoying following along with your cruises.  Photos are great!

Cruising the Inside Passage of Alaska is definitely gorgeous, but just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Alaska.

Traveling the interior from Anchorage up to Denali or even Fairbanks should be on everyone's bucket list as well.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. Fell asleep last night watching TV 😆

I had an 11am excursion booked today but the time was changed to 930 so I'm up a little earlier than I planned for my duckboat and city tour.

I was going to use the extra time to grab a local lunch since I have not done that and this is my last opportunity but all aboard is 1230. Yesterday it was 130, I'm sorta bummed at these half day poet stops.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@jam19872016.....enjoying following along with your cruises.  Photos are great!

Cruising the Inside Passage of Alaska is definitely gorgeous, but just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Alaska.

Traveling the interior from Anchorage up to Denali or even Fairbanks should be on everyone's bucket list as well.

Thank you for your kind words.

I agree an interior journey is in order. I am already looking into it for next summer 😁

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Thank you for your kind words.

I agree an interior journey is in order. I am already looking into it for next summer 😁

check out Alaska Wildland Adventures....did the 7 day Denali tour back in 2014 with my 86 year old mom best vacation ever!  We cruised Alaska in 2009 and mom wanted to do an interior trip.  Pricey but is all inclusive except for alcohol, souveniers and tour, driver tip...it was amazing, all excursions are included we did ocean kayaking, hiking, you name it you do as much or as little as you would like.  The accommodates were amazing.

We got off tje ship around 8 so my mom could do some shopping before our tour.

Today we did a 90 minute city and harbor tour on a duck boat.

It was about the most you could expect from a quick tour. Nothing exciting but a great easy tour to see the city.

Only got a few pictures today.

20220918_121444-X2.jpg

20220918_122334-X2.jpg

20220918_122355-X2.jpg

20220918_134953-X2.jpg

20220918_140408-X2.jpg

20220918_145808-X2.jpg

• Like 3

I had about an hour and a half after the tour before all aboard time so I tried to seek out a local spot for some lunch. As I expected all the hot spots had a line out the door and I didn't k ow if I had enough time.

I saw a small stand on the dock so I stopped there bit it was cash only whoch I didn't have on me and the prices were more than I wanted to pay so I stopped at the stand next door grabbed a bubble tea and came back in the ship for lunch.

I'm back on the ship now and about to head up to the Lido for some lunch.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

check out Alaska Wildland Adventures....did the 7 day Denali tour back in 2014 with my 86 year old mom best vacation ever!  We cruised Alaska in 2009 and mom wanted to do an interior trip.  Pricey but is all inclusive except for alcohol, souveniers and tour, driver tip...it was amazing, all excursions are included we did ocean kayaking, hiking, you name it you do as much or as little as you would like.  The accommodates were amazing.

I will definitely look into that if I decide to go that route. I wasn't gonna mention it since sometimes I get wild ideas and don't follow through....but I'm thinking about taking a seasonal job here next summer.

Still doing my research and maybe I'm just caught up in the beauty of it all and when I come down from my Alaska high I'll change my mind but I'm definitely considering it.

• Like 1