Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from jam19872016! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

jam19872016 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hello everybody. Sitting at MIA now waiting for my flight to Seattle where I will spend two days pre cruise before embarking on a 33 day adventure on the Carnival Spirit.

I'm looking forward to going live and will be happy to answer questions anyone may have about the Spirit.

I'll have more to post after I get settled in at my hotel in Seattle including the full itinerary and the issues surrounding this booking when Carnival changed ships from Freedom to Spirit.

I hope I'm not jinxing anything starting this thread before my Covid test results are back in 😬.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review.  I did the Panama Canal on Carnival Pride in 2009 (LA to Miami) and have the April 2023 Spirit cruise from Miami to Seattle booked.  I was quite happy when they changed from Freedom to Spirit.  Much prefer the smaller ship.

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

We had a three hour delay waiting for takeoff but I've made it to my hotel in Seattle.

Been a long day going to get some sleep and get this review rolling tomorrow.

Night everyone

Glad to hear you made it! Was worried there for a minute.

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

We had a three hour delay waiting for takeoff but I've made it to my hotel in Seattle

Been a long day going to get some sleep and get this review rolling tomorrow.

Night everyone

Anyway. Happy to be following along

Edited by mkcurran

Good morning everyone (it's still morning g here lol).

How bout some introductions. I'm 34 and traveling with me is my mom who is 66 which means our time in Seattle will not be nearly as comprehensive as st.gregs 😆. We are both from Florida so having to fly to a cruise is new for us and honestly I don't see more flights in my near future. Very stressful.

I've purchased us each the city pass and I think I am going to buy the hop on hop off bus to help us get around. I may still be doing my research on the fly....don't tell on me.

Gonna get a plan firmed up and head out to see Seattle.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pe4all said:

Jealous!  Hope you have a great trip.  Along for the ride!  Loved Alaska when we did it on CCL, and Panama Canal transit is on my bucket list.

Thanks! Both in my list also and I'm excited to check them both off.

6 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Smooth sailing. Take food pictures lol!

Thanks! There will be a ton of food pics lol. I am on a weight loss journey right now so there will be less than there used to be but there will still be lots of food p0rn 😁

3 hours ago, CruiseMGM said:

Sounds like a great trip ahead! Enjoy! We just got off the Spirit last week and had a wonderful birthdays/anniversary trip on her.

Best wishes!

Thanks! Good to hear good things about the ship. I'm pretty good at going with the flow but my mom can be pretty fussy.

2 hours ago, Luckysll said:

Looking forward to your review.  I did the Panama Canal on Carnival Pride in 2009 (LA to Miami) and have the April 2023 Spirit cruise from Miami to Seattle booked.  I was quite happy when they changed from Freedom to Spirit.  Much prefer the smaller ship.

The whole ship transfer was handled very poorly by Carnival at least with my reservations. I'll go into the whole story later but it's been a mess. 

I know I am in the minority buy I prefer bigger ships with more options. Freedom for 33 days was already iffy....spirit for 33 days yikes.

Going in with a good attitude and honestly I need some down time so I'm OK with less amenities but would like more food options to keep it interesting for a month. But when I think about it there isn't really much missing from Spirit compared  to freedom food wise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CeleBrat said:

Oh my gosh!  How do you even pack for a trip with that much difference in climate?

I run pretty hot and have free laundry. I packed for the Caribbean and through in two long sleeve shirts and two pants. I will probably still wear shorts and t-shirts everyday. I'm weird I know lol.

I did forget to get a poncho and will probably buy one before the cruise.

• Like 2