Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

Not the best variety or most visually appealing for sure. But carnival's strong suit is the variety outside of the buffet. There is all the regular carnival staples I didn't take photos of as well as the sweet spot with the yummy cakes and a salad station if your into that sorta thing.

My mom hit chopsticks for lunch.

img_1663096191111-X2.jpg

I went a little healthier since I finished my cheesecakes for breakfast and I an logging all my calories again starting today.

img_1663096702963-X2.jpg

• Like 1

We both enjoyed our lunch and now we are exploring. My mom is parked in the library checking out some books. I'm gonna check out the gym and look around the ship. I will probably do a photo tour towards the end of the review after I get photos on a port day that I stay on the ship for.

• Like 1

Was only in the gym for five minutes when crew informed me it was not open until after sailaway. That makes no sense but i wasn't going to argue.

Went on a duck hunt but i had no luck.

Rooms are ready so I'm getting unpacked. I carry on so I have my luggage. Gonna chill in the room until sail away I think.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, jam19872016 said:

Thanks. Weather is perfect already after two weeks in Europe where air conditioning wad considered a luxury. Wonderful crisp to the air without being cold at all.

What date I might still be onboard lol.

October 16.  You gonna still be on?

For my starter I had the cured salmon.

img_1663127301987-X2.jpg

Last time I got this it was like a salt lick, this was perfect tonight.

My mom's fried shrimp which she was very happy with.

img_1663127321700-X2.jpg

I ordered the chicken parmesean. Not as good as the cucina version but still very good.

img_1663127339517-X2.jpg

I also got the beef brisket which was awesome with different sides than I'm used to but also good.

img_1663127359534-X2.jpg

For dessert I had the tiramisu which I devoured.

img_1663128634405-X2.jpg

• Like 6

Dinner was great tonight. I'm not always a fan of the mdr food, it really is ship dependent and Spirit is off to a great start which is great since this will be my dinner for the next 33 days 😀

Service was also great.

Not sure what I'm gonna get up to tonight, it might be an early night after my couple days exploring Seattle 😴.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gamblingrandma said:

October 16.  You gonna still be on?

Funny—you get off the day WE get on. 

Jam—thanks for doing this. We weren’t 100% thrilled with the ship switch either as we had paid extra for a balcony on Lido on a B2B and are now under the Serenity for part 1 and under the buffet for part 2. As in, not in the same cabin both legs. 

24 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

Funny—you get off the day WE get on. 

Jam—thanks for doing this. We weren’t 100% thrilled with the ship switch either as we had paid extra for a balcony on Lido on a B2B and are now under the Serenity for part 1 and under the buffet for part 2. As in, not in the same cabin both legs. 

Yep 4 legs four different cabins after I spent time researching to find a cabin open on all 4 sailings. And a PVP I've used for 5 years who stopped returning my messages. Once I pull out my laptop I'll type out the whole story.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, natefish95 said:

Excited to read follow your review! I'll be joining you for the 8 day on October 8th. Whenever you get onboard, could you find out who the Alchemy bartenders are? 

Bartenders are Katia, Victor, and Giovanni. I imagine the demographic will be different in the Caribbean but it is 10pm and there is not a single person at Alchemy which I have never seen before.

19 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

We both enjoyed our lunch and now we are exploring. My mom is parked in the library checking out some books. I'm gonna check out the gym and look around the ship. I will probably do a photo tour towards the end of the review after I get photos on a port day that I stay on the ship for.

How well stocked is the library? Are there many fiction books? We will be boarding your cruise in Seattle for the 16 day Panama Canal portion and were wondering how many paperbacks to bring.

Good morning  everyone. Internet went out last night. We were sailing through some pretty thick fog so perhaps that was the cause.

The clock rolled back another hour last night so I am now five hours behind eastern time.

There is a lecture on Alasksa at 9 so I'm going to get up now and go check that out.

1 hour ago, farjar said:

How well stocked is the library? Are there many fiction books? We will be boarding your cruise in Seattle for the 16 day Panama Canal portion and were wondering how many paperbacks to bring.

My mom wasn't real impressed with the selection. It's a pretty small space, I'll grab some pictures for you next time I pass by it.

1 hour ago, CruiseMGM said:

I really liked Chopstix on our recent cruise! The Crispy Orange Chicken was really good, and the noodle dishes I tried were also very good! Now my mouth is watering! 😄

I haven't tried it yet but it sure did smell good. My mom loved the noodles too and resisted the urge to get seconds.

31 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Mmmmmm chicken parm....one of my favorite dishes that I hardly ever eat unless I am on vacation. I hadn't seen that on the MDR menu before! 

First time I've seen it also. I know they added it to ships with a cuccina while it was closed but its nice to see it added permanently. It was very good. Not as good as the cucina version, but it didn't cost extra.

• Like 1

Lecture over. I've linked to our naturalists Wikipedia page below.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Riofrio

Checked in for brunch with a 30-40 minute wait. Passed by my mom who didn't have great things to say about her meal or service. Hoping it's better for me. I also need to make sure they don't try to seat me at a shared table which seems to happen when they are running behind.

Ooop table ready only took about 5 minutes. But  everyone's table ready at the same time line all the way back to Alchemy.