Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

Lost internet again.

Back at brunch I got the voyager burger and banana cream pie.

img_1663182177621-X2.jpg

img_1663182201177-X2.jpg

Sadly my experience was similar to my mom's. Not terrible but they were struggling to keep up and the food was meh. The pie was good the burger not so much. I'm counting calories and that used up a lot of my allowance.

It's been a nice relaxing day onboard. There were a few activities with an Alaska theme but I did not participate in any of them - been a very lazy day lol.

Some of the Alaska themed items were a lumberjack competition,  dog sled racing, and an Alaskan digital scavenger hunt. I may see if I can still do that one.

I am doing the gold rush hunt which is like hi tong for ducks, but your looking for gold instead. I'm about halfway there. 

I've also found a duck now 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My afternoon was spent in the gym and outside enjoying the nice cool deck. Its the only quiet spot on the ship because most people are huddled inside but I love the cool weather.

To warm up a bit I also used the steam room which I was happy to see working after having an out of order sign on it yesterday.

Tonight is formal night so I'm getting changed and sending out some laundry.

Dinner soon 😋

• Like 1

For my starter I ordered the fried oysters.

20220914_233238-X2.jpg

For my main I ordered the pasta carbonara amd the lobster tail.

20220914_235514-X2.jpg

20220914_235523-X2.jpg

For dessert i had sugar free ice cream. Gross not for me lol. 

To fill the hole in my belly I made a small plate of healthish stuff up on Lido.

20220915_003632-X2.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, farjar said:

How well stocked is the library? Are there many fiction books? We will be boarding your cruise in Seattle for the 16 day Panama Canal portion and were wondering how many paperbacks to bring.

Some library photos.

20220914_145251-X2.jpg

20220914_145306-X2.jpg

20220914_145315-X2.jpg

20220914_145325-X2.jpg

My mom has brought about 15 books that she will be leaving in the library.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Dinner was OK nothing to complain about but not as good as last night.

I forgot to grab the menu and it's off the app now ooops.

I did grab the Lido menu.

20220915_003438-X2.jpg

When we were on the Miracle in June (10 Day Alaska), I was able to go back in the app and select a day and see the menu for that day (and even going forward in the future). I was able to do screen grabs on my phone that way for every days MDR menu. Might work for you as well.

Edited by SDPadreFan

7 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

The Seas are rocking and rolling now. Should make for some great sleep.

Going to bed now. Tomorrow is Tracy Arm Fjord and after months of being sold out i finally managed to get booked on the excursion to get up close to the glacier.

That excursion is awesome.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Some library photos.

20220914_145251-X2.jpg

20220914_145306-X2.jpg

20220914_145315-X2.jpg

20220914_145325-X2.jpg

My mom has brought about 15 books that she will be leaving in the library.

Thank you for the pictures.  The library looks nice but the supply of books seems lacking.  We will definitely bring several paperbacks then leave them for others when we are finished also.  We were on the Koningsdam to Alaska in May and the selection of books was one of the best I've seen on a cruise ship.  Too bad it varies so much from ship to ship.

2 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

When we were on the Miracle in June (10 Day Alaska), I was able to go back in the app and select a day and see the menu for that day (and even going forward in the future). I was able to do screen grabs on my phone that way for every days MDR menu. Might work for you as well.

I should be able to go back now but I've noticed once a venue closes its off the app until the next day.

2 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

That excursion is awesome.

I'm looking forward to it 😁

2 hours ago, farjar said:

Thank you for the pictures.  The library looks nice but the supply of books seems lacking.  We will definitely bring several paperbacks then leave them for others when we are finished also.  We were on the Koningsdam to Alaska in May and the selection of books was one of the best I've seen on a cruise ship.  Too bad it varies so much from ship to ship.

Definitely varies from ship to ship and with as long as we will be here I know she was hoping for a better selection.

• Like 1

My scale wasn't working yesterday because the ship was rocking too much. It wasn't working again the first time I stepped on it but i tried again. It said I lost 16 lbs in two days. I wish that were true but not likely lol. 

Made a small plate of eggs to hold me until lunch time.

20220915_143752-X2.jpg

They were cold and flavorless so I had to abandon them..

Breakfast take 2 - omelet which was much better..

20220915_150124-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My scale wasn't working yesterday because the ship was rocking too much. It wasn't working again the first time I stepped on it but i tried again. It said I lost 16 lbs in two days. I wish that were true but not likely lol. 

Made a small plate of eggs to hold me until lunch time.

20220915_143752-X2.jpg

They were cold and flavorless so I had to abandon them..

Breakfast take 2 - omelet which was much better..

20220915_150124-X2.jpg

The omelette looks much better!

6 hours ago, farjar said:

Different population on the brands. HAL generally has a more sedate and older crowd (that's not a negative, but a well earned choice for them). And are more likely to subscribe to traditional reading formats (hardbound and paperback books). Carnival has old people too (I'm 66), but we've found the Carnival grey hairs to be more outgoing and involved. With all the options and features available by using a Kindle, there is literally no argument that can be made for most (but not all) book categories. The exceptions would be those that contain numerous graphs or illustrations like history books, etc. But it is just so easy to carry my Kindle anywhere, vs. pack-ratting a bunch of paperbacks around. And I am never without something to read as I also have the Kindle app on my phone. I have a ton of free "history in an hour" books on my phone for emergency's. I converted my 80 year old mother-in-law to a kindle back in @ 2005 and she never looked back. Just the ability to convert the font size on the fly made her an instant fan. I just had to load the books for her, but she would read from it night and day and take it everywhere with her. I have a ton of paperbacks at our home, and pre-covid - I would take a bag of them once or twice a month to a local senior center. I need to start doing that again.

• Like 2