Liquor Prices

Moosemarty

On 9/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Though there’s an occasionally decent wine on the by-the-glass list in the booze packages, most are mediocre $10+\-  per bottle retail items. The occasional exceptions like Schramsberg Mirabelle and Arboleda Carménère or a DonnaFugata blanco disappear quickly. 

What?  No "Two-buck Chuck?"  

Question from an Oceania first timer...  We have frequently sailed, pre-COVID, Azamara on what would be considered a "PH" cabin.  Several bottles of wine and several bottles of liquor set up in cabin before arrival for consumption in cabin.  We have usually exchanged the liquor for bottles Disaronno and Baileys.  From the discussion it appears Oceania will "look the other way" if you carry a couple of bottles on board at embarkation or at a port stop.  True?  Will Oceania sell you a bottle from the Boutique for in-cabin consumption?

1 minute ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Question from an Oceania first timer...  We have frequently sailed, pre-COVID, Azamara on what would be considered a "PH" cabin.  Several bottles of wine and several bottles of liquor set up in cabin before arrival for consumption in cabin.  We have usually exchanged the liquor for bottles Disaronno and Baileys.  From the discussion it appears Oceania will "look the other way" if you carry a couple of bottles on board at embarkation or at a port stop.  True?  Will Oceania sell you a bottle from the Boutique for in-cabin consumption?

No they do not sell bottles  of spirits AFAIK

But you can take some onboard for in cabin Consumption

Check with your TA or Oceania, we have seen bottles of alcohol offered for sale if you want one in your room but not cheap. iMHO I would buy what you want at a duty free shop and bring it aboard for consumption in your room, LOTS CHEAPER. 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

True?  Will Oceania sell you a bottle from the Boutique for in-cabin consumption?

You can buy bottles from their Bon Voyage Collection. While most are very overpriced I have found the odd selection that was a really good buy, often because of the size of the bottle advertised. Did well on some single malts.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/bonvoyagegifts/26643/Bon-Voyage-Gifts.pdf

11 hours ago, Robjame said:

You can buy bottles from their Bon Voyage Collection. While most are very overpriced I have found the odd selection that was a really good buy, often because of the size of the bottle advertised. Did well on some single malts.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/bonvoyagegifts/26643/Bon-Voyage-Gifts.pdf

Thanks.  Helpful, but expensive.  Looks like an opportunity to shlep a couple of bottles on board during the first port stop.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

...expensive.  Looks like an opportunity to shlep a couple of bottles on board during the first port stop.

Yep, bring your wine on board at the start and then buy beer, hard liquor and wine in the various ports. Wife and I didn't spend a penny on O's overpriced alcohol on our 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean cruise, but we did find some great beers, cana, rum & tequila and even a nice Mexican wine. We're going to do the same 11/18-28/22 on Sirena in the E. Caribbean.

28 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Thanks.  Helpful, but expensive.

As I mentioned you have to search. 
‘Macallan Enigma @ $250 is a bargain for me. Sells for $479 in duty free - part of the Macallan Quest series.
‘Now of course it really depends what you value. For me the opportunity to get a top line single malt at this price is tempting - but not compelling LOL.

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Thanks.  Helpful, but expensive.  Looks like an opportunity to shlep a couple of bottles on board during the first port stop.

We were in Barcelona for a few days pre cruise. Ordered our wines online from a local store....entire catalog on line. They delivered a case of wine to our hotel for about 5 euros.  Porter put it into our cab and off we went to ship.

16 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

“Look the other way?” Why?

O makes it very clear that it’s okay

to bring personal booze aboard. Just follow the rules.

BD0E289C-FF35-4284-B925-B07994BDD855.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robjame said:

Good point I have also noticed a couple single malt at a great price compared to our hone price.  Sailed from Lisbon on Riviera 3 days ago...our carry-on had a bottle of Port, 2 wine and 1 Scotch...no questions asked!