Shows on RCCL back to normal yet?

mlbcruiser

Wondering if recent cruisers on Royal Caribbean ships have found most of the shows have returned and are back in operation? 

We were on Symphony OTS at the very beginning of March. We were told that due to Covid a lot of the performers had left and some just didn’t want to come back. In tbe case of Hairspray, particularly,  performances had been stopped while new casting and rehearsals took place elsewhere.

I have read reviews of ships of other lines these last couple of days and it sounds like many ships are not back to their former performing schedules or number of entertainment options. Most newer reviews I see for any line, and there aren’t many, contain lots of chatter about the covid issues encountered on board. Also most of them were written in July and August.  Hoping someone who has been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in the last month can comment on the entertainment situation.

Thanks for any information. 

Columbus the Musical has not yet returned to Harmony.

Pre-Covid, there or two different aqua shoes. There was a short mid week/midday aqua show  in addition to the full show “a fine line“. The shorter show was the only one  shown  post Covid but when the fine line came back the shorter show was removed from the entertainment schedule. 

All other entertainment seems to be back. 

6 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Wondering if recent cruisers on Royal Caribbean ships have found most of the shows have returned and are back in operation? 

You should find a listing of all the shows on all ships if you look at the current sailing in the RCI app.

From what we were told on Allure last week none of the Oasis class have brought back their second production shows yet. On Allure, at least, it meant that they were only showing "Mamma Mia", the primary aqua show and the primary ice show.

This is primarily because they just don't have the staffing to do both show. For instance, the second production show requires riggers for aerial sequences and because of the pandemic many of the riggers found work in other fields.

Thanks for the replies and info. We were on Symphony in very early March last year and h

Jairsprsy was not playing. We had seen it already but were looking forward to it again. I know around that time shows were just beginning to return to a few ships. Wind prevented the ice show all except for, I think it was, the very last night. Our dinner was over just as the show was getting started. The crowd of people who had been unable to see it all week wete modtly standing, covering at least a third or maybe even half of the boardwalk. Many of them couldn’t see a thing and we certainly couldn’t so we left. Thus the teadon for my questions. Thanks again.