Question regarding OBC

martinitime1

36 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

You don't really need to transfer it

The person who has it can use it for themselves or for t h e other person

The only caveat is if you wanted to book excursions, you have to have the OBC necessary in each account to use prior to booking them. 

1 hour ago, martinitime1 said:

The only caveat is if you wanted to book excursions, you have to have the OBC necessary in each account to use prior to booking them. 

IF you're booking excursions before your sail date.

Once you're on the ship, IF both in the cabin are using the same credit card, the OBC is mingled on final day.

IF both in the cabin are using separate credit cards, the OBC is not mingled and each account is totalled out separately.

• Thanks 1

Although you cannot transfer OBC to another person, you can transfer charges from another person. For example, you can use your OBC to book an excursion for another person, to book specialty dining for another person, to buy a drink for another person, or to purchase something from one of the shops for another person.

If you are in the same cabin using the same credit card, you don't have to bother. The two folios are merged on the final day.

5 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

IF you're booking excursions before your sail date.

Not completely correct. You may book excursions for one passenger using another passengers OBC in advance. You cannot do it online. You have to call Princess. The telephone agent can do it, although some of them don't know they can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want to make sure that I understand this correctly:  My husband and I each have $125 of non-refundable OBCs from Referral Rewards.  We are in the same cabin and using the same credit card.  If I get a massage for $250, the full $250 will be taken off our account by the end of the cruise?  So we will not have to pay anything for the massage?  Am I also correct in understanding that this will not actually show up on our account until the accounts are merged on the final day?

Thanks for your help!

if you have multiple people using the same credit card for their onboard account (whether or not they are in the same cabin) their charges &  OBC are linked.

the person the credit card is issued to will be able to see all the charges for each person & their OBC & a total for the group.

for example, I travel with 2 older relatives, but not all in the same room: my account (on the app or printed) looks like

my stuff (charges, OBC, total)

person 2 account (charges, OBC, total0

person 3 account (charges, OBC, total)

TOTAL FOR EVERYONE

this means I can check throughout the cruise for bad charges (on our last cruise on the Sapphire we had several, so watch your account) & they don't have to worry about that or come home to charges they didn't make 

each of them only (if they knew how) see their own account

On 10/7/2022 at 11:15 AM, travelin.sisters said:

if you have multiple people using the same credit card for their onboard account (whether or not they are in the same cabin) their charges &  OBC are linked.

the person the credit card is issued to will be able to see all the charges for each person & their OBC & a total for the group.

for example, I travel with 2 older relatives, but not all in the same room: my account (on the app or printed) looks like

my stuff (charges, OBC, total)

person 2 account (charges, OBC, total0

person 3 account (charges, OBC, total)

TOTAL FOR EVERYONE

this means I can check throughout the cruise for bad charges (on our last cruise on the Sapphire we had several, so watch your account) & they don't have to worry about that or come home to charges they didn't make 

each of them only (if they knew how) see their own account

Not exactly the topic, but you are possibly answering a question I have.

If you book multiple rooms (family group), can it be invoiced to one person? Does this show up online that way pre-cruise? Or do you have multiple booking numbers/invoices?

Starting to plan an upcoming family cruise with 3 cabins that I will be paying for and wondering how that works. Thanks. (Planning to book through a CVP.)

41 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Not exactly the topic, but you are possibly answering a question I have.

If you book multiple rooms (family group), can it be invoiced to one person? Does this show up online that way pre-cruise? Or do you have multiple booking numbers/invoices?

Starting to plan an upcoming family cruise with 3 cabins that I will be paying for and wondering how that works. Thanks. (Planning to book through a CVP.)

we book two rooms & they each have their own booking numbers, get one invoice from my TA but all the Princess stuff I have to log into each booking/Medallion to set up before the cruise...it is a bit of a nuisance as I can't do all the login stuff (which I need to do) with one account.

so on the Medallion or the webpage I can do everyone who shares a room from one account, then I have to log out & do all the check in for everyone in the other room with their account. Once the checkin stuff is done I can link thier bookins with mine in the Medallion app as traveling companions & do DMW for the whole group

when we did big family groups on Carnival they were all linked & I could do everything from my account...maybe your CVP could link them but my TA hasn't been able to

once you are on the ship, everyone whose shipboard accounts are linked to your CC will show up on your statement if you need to monitor them

• Thanks 1