Price drop for ezair flight

newbie53

I've done this multiple times. It's pretty simple. Just go through the process to book the new flights. EZair cancels your current flights simultaneously with sucessfully making the new reservation. If the there's a problem making the new reservation, your old reservation is still there.

The only thing I've run into is during seat selection you can't select your old seats as your old reservation hasn't yet been canceled. However once you've made the new reservation you can go back in and now select your previous seats. There might be a possibility that in the small time window between making the new reservation and going back, someone may grab the old seats but I've never run into that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've only used EZ Air once.  For my price drop, I call 800-Princess.  I don't trust my abilities.  I did a live chat and the agent said he did it....but it never showed up on my account.  The second agent was very helpful.  You do have to rebook (before 45 days).  You get a new booking number.  Old reservation gets deleted.  New pricing appears.  

6 minutes ago, dog said:

Once I paid for seat selection on my EZ air. Air Canada flight- flexible was gone and a penalty fee would be charged.

if I tried to make changes. 

Right,  I didn't consider some airlines are particularly difficult with seat assignments. That's something to consider when rebooking for a price drop.

• Like 1

Air Canada charges for seat assignments ahead of time.  Or you can wait for check in (24 hours) and get free left over seats.

16 minutes ago, dog said:

Once I paid for seat selection on my EZ air. Air Canada flight- flexible was gone and a penalty fee would be charged.

if I tried to make changes. 

8 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can anybody give me a Dummy's 101 on using EZ-Air and then being able to use points to upgrade?  Is that doable or recommended?

Haven't done this personally but if I were to see if it's possible, I can think of a simple and risk-free way to find out.

Make an EZ-Air booking outside of final payment so you don't have to put up any money. Then call your airline and see if you can upgrade it with points. If you don't like the result, cancel the booking! Then, come back here and let us know what you found out...

I am thinking that the Flexible thing is key.   Do they still offer both flexible and non-flexible?  Would probably be Delta.  I am thinking that you can lock in your seats and Booking number.  then you have your actual reservation.  Once you have your booking number and the seats, then you can simply go to Delta and upgrade with your points if that is available.

If that is still how it works, with the Flexible option, then it would probably cost more to lock in your flight booking.  So, using points to upgrade might, or might not, save much.

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I've done this multiple times. It's pretty simple. Just go through the process to book the new flights. EZair cancels your current flights simultaneously with sucessfully making the new reservation. If the there's a problem making the new reservation, your old reservation is still there.

Thank you, it worked great.  I saved about $230.

• Like 2