Princess tickets

barante

Not having heard from Princess regarding our Oct. 28 IAD-LHR flight, I called them. They told me to talk to United. Except that United says they cannot do anything because we have not been ticketed.  (Princess said they don't issue tickets). United told us to go to the airport with our reservation number.

Is it this simple?

Generally, yes. But the key issue is whether or not the ticket is actually issued. There is a two step process that isn't always visible to the customer...booking and paying, then the airline issues the ticket. There have been reports that there have been problems when a cruise line doesn't pay within the expected time, that the airline doesn't issue the ticket, and the customer is in for a surprise.

I would go to the United website, and where it says My Trips, enter your last name and your 6 character Record Number (something like BQ2FTW). If a flight shows up with the correct info, you may get some options, like getting a confirming e mail, or other things that will reassure you.

16 minutes ago, barante said:

Thanks. Our flight shows on the United site. Pressed a provided button for confirmation, which I never got after two requests.

However, I talked to a Princess rep who assured an e-ticket is being processed.

You could do a screen capture and print it. You can also get your boarding passes from the "Check in" tab within 24 hours of your flight.

22 hours ago, barante said:

Thanks. Our flight shows on the United site

A reservation number or PNR isn't a ticket. You can have these flights show when you search by the PNR but if there's no ticket number you aren't flying, United ticket numbers begin 016.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 7:22 AM, barante said:

Not having heard from Princess regarding our Oct. 28 IAD-LHR flight, I called them. They told me to talk to United. Except that United says they cannot do anything because we have not been ticketed.  (Princess said they don't issue tickets). United told us to go to the airport with our reservation number.

Is it this simple?

Call Princess EZair and demand your flights be ticketed immediately. Until you have that 13 digit sequence of numbers attached to your reservation, you don’t have any assurance of being on that flight. 

Telling you to talk to UA is ridiculous; you are Princess Air's customer, not UA's.  I remain unimpressed by cruise air.

Until the ticket is issued (as stated, the number will start with 016 if your ticket will be issued by UA) you don't have a ticket and a PNR (confirmation number) does not mean a ticket was issued.  You can't check in if you don't have a ticket.  I don't know what "pressed a button for confirmation" means.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 1

Finally got my Oct. 28 EZAir ticketed today. As a matter of fact, it happened three days ago but I had to call to find about it because no one at Princess informed me. It was not reflected on my Personalizer, either. Since business class seats on the same flight now cost five times more I am not complaining, but . . .

On 9/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, Globaliser said:

It may just be too early for Princess to have issued the airline ticket yet.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:22 AM, kiwimum said:

Our May flights booked thru EZAir were ticketed at 30 days.

16 hours ago, barante said:

Finally got my Oct. 28 EZAir ticketed today.

So this was all business as normal, then.

• Haha 1