Wonder of the Seas - Movie screen on pool deck

Brandis

When the first ship tours of Wonder came out earlier and I saw that big movie screen on the pool deck, right over Central Park, I was worried that if they ran movies on that, the sound of the movies might spoil the atmosphere in Central Park, especially when eating outside at Giovanni's or listening to the guitar player.

Looking at the current ship entertainment schedules, it seems that movies are always playing in the Aqua Theater. That would be a great change. But then I'm wondering if the screen on the pooldeck is being used for anything now.

There has been complaints of this all ready reported in people's reviews. It's loud, whether or not by now they have turned down the speakers will not be known until your sailing. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

We were in a CP balcony on Wonder April TA to BCN. We didn't know about the movie screen issue until shortly before sailing, and once onboard, we found out for ourselves it was really loud. Action movies with loud volume past 10:30pm. With all the 23-hour time changes we were already sleep deprived. Our original cabin was #12247, very close to the screen & speakers.

Edited by clearlake_cruiser
Too much info

I found it difficult sometimes to hear the outdoor movies -- and once I saw them turn on the subtitles in Spanish.  I wish they'd issue headphones to people watching the movie.  It'd be better for movie-goers and also better for the nearby people in the hot tubs, etc. 

• Like 1

I miss the movies being in the theater, or most especially the movie channels they used to show on cabin TV.   Never liked the pool screen movies.  Too much distraction and distorted sound.  And always too loud.  

Not sure what the set up will be next month on Wonder...will find out soon.  

Edited by island lady