The Band - when do we receive it?

eroller

I know VV uses The Band instead of a normal key card.  Just curious when we receive it?  Do they mail it in advance (if so how far before the cruise do we receive it?) or do you receive it at check-in at the terminal?

Thanks!

most likely, at check in.  suites may get them in the mail still, but i haven't heard any regular cabin guests getting them in advance since the early days.  guessing it was a pretty big logistics lift to manufacture custom fobs for everyone and stuff & ship them to people in time.

• Like 1

8 months ago, they were mailing them to your home about a month before the cruise.  Now it seems that everyone is getting them at the port.  No worries about luggage tags either--the porters will take care of that issue at the terminal as well.

Thanks for the info.  Would have been nice to get something mailed to the house but that sort of goes against their business model.  Do they even print daily programs?  Everything is on the app I believe, and of course they don’t print a brochure either.  

To my surprise Princess is still mailing out personalized Princess Medallions (their version of Virgin’s Band) and it must cost them a fortune.  They are so much larger than VV too.  

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Sailed back to back a couple of months ago, and received my Band in the mail for the second leg about a month prior... The Band for the first leg, I ended up getting at the port...

Interesting.  Was it the same cabin both cruises?   Suite or standard cabin?   Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 8:40 PM, eroller said:

I know VV uses The Band instead of a normal key card.  Just curious when we receive it?  Do they mail it in advance (if so how far before the cruise do we receive it?) or do you receive it at check-in at the terminal?

Thanks!

Our friends got theirs about a month out, we never got them until we checked in. The only difference is that if they send them to you, your names are on them. If you get them at check-in it's just standard text. We were both in Cheeky Corner Suites, actually on the same deck, they had their sent, we didn't. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for who they send them to. We literally booked together on the same day, same cabins. 🙂

34 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

Our friends got theirs about a month out, we never got them until we checked in. The only difference is that if they send them to you, your names are on them. If you get them at check-in it's just standard text. We were both in Cheeky Corner Suites, actually on the same deck, they had their sent, we didn't. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for who they send them to. We literally booked together on the same day, same cabins. 🙂

Thanks for the info.  That is odd.  

I’m not booked in a suite so not expecting anything mailed out, but I have to say it’s a nice touch.  Especially the personalized Band.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Different cabins. One solo insider for the first leg, then a solo sea view for the second...

Thanks.  So no suites.  Doesn’t seem to

be any rhyme nor reason as to who gets the Bands mailed out.  

• Like 1

It would be a cool addition to get it in advance, and it was sent with the luggage tag, so that also made sense.  However, it would be one more thing to bring....so other than the personalized feature of your name on the band, it is no different to get it at the port.

• Like 2