Cape Liberty parking garage

lovetocruise/diamond

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you want to know the reason:

The guys at the surface lots have little hand-held machines that take your credit card for payment for your cruise when you enter the lot, i.e., before your cruise.  They are preprogrammed.  The guys can't change them.  So they have to send B2B to the garage, where the machine at the entrance records your entry date and the machine at the exit records your exit date, and charges you accordingly.  😄 

We were on Oasis the end of August and were directed to park in the street level lot which we were actually hoping for.  There were a lot of us and it was definitely easier. We did not pay as we entered.  We were given a ticket and paid when we got off the ship.  Leaving this Thursday on the Adventure (pending a negative Covid test) and are hoping again to be able to park in that lot and not the garage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I think it depends how many ships have passengers parked at the same time, if multiple then disabled parking is in the garage.

THIS⬆️⬆️ With Oasis going out with over 6K passengers it can't handle all of the cars, especially if another ship has already gone out and has cars in there

55 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

That's weird, I was parked in the garage from 9/18 to 9/25.  There was no restriction at all as far as handicapped or b2b.  

I pulled in, was handed a ticket and I was on my way to find a space.  * shrug *

What time did you get to the port?  Someone else said they got to park in the garage when they got there later.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Njkrewzer said:

Here now, and yes, the garage is for handicapped parking only. I can't believe that there would be enough people with a handicapped placard to fill up that garage. Seems a little ridiculous 

29 minutes ago, Njkrewzer said:

Here now, and yes, the garage is for handicapped parking only. I can't believe that there would be enough people with a handicapped placard to fill up that garage. Seems a little ridiculous 

I don’t think it’s just for handicapped parking, I think some on other ships were allowed to park there so it’s pretty full right now, so on your sailing they are only offering handicapped parking in the garage. If there no room, there’s no room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t think it’s just for handicapped parking, I think some on other ships were allowed to park there so it’s pretty full right now, so on your sailing they are only offering handicapped parking in the garage. If there no room, there’s no room.

Correct. Per the port schedule passengers on an Adventure of the Seas cruise that sailed a couple of days ago would be parked there. 

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Gotcha, makes perfect sense now, I thought it was all reserved for just handicapped just for this sailing lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BobNoxious said:

Where, exactly, is this other lot?   I am on Oasis next June and multiple ships will be in/out of Bayonne.    Thanks.

You will be directed where to park by traffic personnel. After leaving the luggage/passenger drop zone you will drive toward the garage. If not allowed to park in the garage you will be directed elsewhere.

There is 1 large outdoor lot that is across from the garage, walking time to the terminal is 1-2 minutes.

There are also multiple other places to park, I hesitate to call these lots as they are parking spaces adjacent to buildings. Some are quite far from the terminal to the point that shuttle vehicles were provided this year. Reports have been that some cruisers in the outdoor 'lots' paid for parking upon arrival & others said they paid on disembarking. If you do park in the garage bring the parking ticket as payment is made prior to getting you vehicle on disembarking day.

• Thanks 2