Live. Carnival Liberty. 9/26 - 9/30/22

coldweather

Boarded Port Canveral yesterday. I took the Carival bus transport from the Orlando Airport to the port.  Easy peasy.   15 minutes from getting off the bus to onboard the ship. Most of that time was walking not waiting.

We are almost to Nassau today, Princess Cay tomorrow, sea day on Thursday and return to Port Canaveral Friday. 

Upon embarkation we had a letter from the Captain in our cabin that they are monitoring Ian and no changes at this time. 

Staff and fellow passengers are friendly. 

I will try to answer questions. Let's hear them. 

• Like 4

BTW MeganGC1983, I searched on my Aug 26-29th Liberty cruise for Mr. Chow and I could not find him.  Not sure if he was on the ship or just unavailable whenever I searched.  I had your pic with me so I could remember what he looked like.  Great cruise anyway. 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kermarkim said:

BTW MeganGC1983, I searched on my Aug 26-29th Liberty cruise for Mr. Chow and I could not find him.  Not sure if he was on the ship or just unavailable whenever I searched.  I had your pic with me so I could remember what he looked like.  Great cruise anyway. 🤩

We saw and chatted with Mr. Chow on our August 29th cruise, super nice guy and very funny!

• Thanks 1

We returned to Port Canaveral at 2pm on Saturday, 10/1.  We were originally scheduled to return Friday, 9/30.  

The crew did an fantastic time keeping us out of harms way, feeding us and entertaining us.  There were a few glitches with ending a cruise at 2pm.  First, many people discovered their cruise card did not work on debarkation morning.  My suspicion is that normally the cards stop working in the morning because you usually debark early in the morning not mid-afternoon.  There was a line at guest services in the morning where guests were prevented from ordering coffee at the coffee bar.  

The 2nd glitch was debarking itself.  ALL guests wanted to get off at the same time.  Unlike a normal debarkation, some guests would leave early and others later spreading out the masses over a few hours.  It was a huge jam up and no guests were following any kind of rules or order. 

We also disembarked at terminal #10 which is not normally used for Carnival.  Our original terminal was already occupied by Mardi Gras. On Liberty, the next cruise was cancelled so no urgency to get to the port to load and unload passengers.  Both Mardi Gras and Freedom were already docked and loading for the next cruise.

Carnival provided shuttle buses to take passengers back to terminal #3 or your ride could have picked you up at #10.

I had pre-booked the carnival shuttle to the MCO airport.  It was very smooth.  Got off the ship and was directed to the airport shuttle bus.  We loaded and departed.  

Overall it was a great cruise and exactly what I expected based on my previous Carnival cruises. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 2:46 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

He’s getting ready to go home in October. Hoping he makes it to Texas ship next. 

@MeganGC1983  I don't frequent the bars but I did look around a bit for Mr Chow.  I did not find him and it slipped my mind.  On the last day I was sitting by the aft pool chatting with a man from Florida.  Out of the blue, the Florida man pointed to the bar across the pool (across from Pizza Pirate) and he said.... see that bartender over there?  That's Mr Chow.  He is a GREAT bar tender.  So, I eventually did find Mr Chow.  🙂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, coldweather said:

@MeganGC1983  I don't frequent the bars but I did look around a bit for Mr Chow.  I did not find him and it slipped my mind.  On the last day I was sitting by the aft pool chatting with a man from Florida.  Out of the blue, the Florida man pointed to the bar across the pool (across from Pizza Pirate) and he said.... see that bartender over there?  That's Mr Chow.  He is a GREAT bar tender.  So, I eventually did find Mr Chow.  🙂 

Awesome! And I’m glad you had a great cruise. Chow called me last night on their “off” day. He said for all that y’all were dealing with, everyone was great. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

My BFF and I are on this cruise in December.  Do you happen to know if they have any of the deck parties that they have on the 7 day cruises (White party, 80s, etc)?  Thanks

Only party the Liberty has is the Mega Deck party.