UPD A la carte Specialty Restaurants

dltodaro

I just purchased the the UDP on Symphony.  It includes:

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Regarding the a la carte restaurants:

1. The $20 credit is per a person?
  2. The $20 credit is per a dining?
  3. Can you eat at the same a la carte restaurant for lunch and dinner and receive $20 credit for both lunch and dinner?

Thank you,
Debbie

What we did on playmakers on Symphony last week is order and once you get close to the limit tell the server before hand you want a second ticket for the rest. In our case the campfire brownie for both of us would put us over our limit so we had the server put the dessert on a separate ticket.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, five. said:

I was on Harmony last week and I wish there was some a la carte pricing for Chops desserts and chips and salsa at Sabor. They were both fantastic.

Could you eat at a different Specialty Restaurant and then go and have dessert at Chops if they have availability?

5 hours ago, dltodaro said:

Could you eat at a different Specialty Restaurant and then go and have dessert at Chops if they have availability?

You are supposed to be able to do this but I've heard that the ability to actually do this is mixed.  We had it on Odyssey last time and didn't try but probably could have.(it's a lot of food, so I wasn't up for it most nights).

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, dltodaro said:
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Is this new?  I didn't think that Chef's Table was included?  How do you get that price?  Can you book ahead of time (looks like if I book now I pay $99) or do you have to wait until you embark?  I have the UDP and was planning on booking the Chef's Table for NYE.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Dulis said:

Is this new?  I didn't think that Chef's Table was included?  How do you get that price?  Can you book ahead of time (looks like if I book now I pay $99) or do you have to wait until you embark?  I have the UDP and was planning on booking the Chef's Table for NYE.  Thanks.

Two things--first, you can't make reservations until you're onboard when you have the UDP.  Second, on many ships, there are special dinners at an upcharge from the normal, single purchase price, for nights like NYE.  Guessing that would be a no-go for the UDP.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Two things--first, you can't make reservations until you're onboard when you have the UDP.  Second, on many ships, there are special dinners at an upcharge from the normal, single purchase price, for nights like NYE.  Guessing that would be a no-go for the UDP.  

Thanks!  So, if I want to book Chef's Table for lower price (let's ignore NYE) then I've got to wait until I get on the ship.  That makes sense!  Just like the rest of the restaurants, I suppose. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sea Dog said:

What we did on playmakers on Symphony last week is order and once you get close to the limit tell the server before hand you want a second ticket for the rest. In our case the campfire brownie for both of us would put us over our limit so we had the server put the dessert on a separate ticket.

Thanks for this description! I was wondering this exact thing. I'll begin another visit if I go over 🤭

With the UDP, does anyone know if you're able to make your reservations on the app once you've boarded the ship or do you HAVE to visit a specialty dining location to make all reservations using the UDP? I've read conflicting things.

Thanks for any help provided!

4 hours ago, blaken09 said:

Thanks for this description! I was wondering this exact thing. I'll begin another visit if I go over 🤭

With the UDP, does anyone know if you're able to make your reservations on the app once you've boarded the ship or do you HAVE to visit a specialty dining location to make all reservations using the UDP? I've read conflicting things.

Thanks for any help provided!

Visit a specialty restaurant and make all your reservations then. It’s faster and more efficient.