Heated hair tools

Loverofcrafting

Hi-

At Terminal, it depends...we always put in a bag we are carrying onboard.

For us, we have not had an issue with a spinning brush dryer or flattening iron.

Twice it was a pull it out and discuss with person at xray conveyor...all the other times...nothing.

If they refuse to let you take it onboard, we hear they will return it at the end of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers!

Note: for a very reasonable fee, you can have a wash/style/do-up in the salons...for those special nights! Just make appointments early after boarding...it is a pampering we regularly indulge...plus use OBC 😃

I asked this very question here before our cruise on Seashore at the end of August.  Hair irons are on the prohibited items list but I brought mine anyway....just in case. It was packed in my luggage and ended up in my room along with all of my other belongings.  Many fellow cruise critic members commented to say it wouldn't be a problem...and it wasn't....at least on Seashore.

I suggest bringing a hair dryer, the one in the room attached to the drawer is very ineffective and requires you to hold in the button to use it. Most of the time i went out with wet hair pulled back or i sat outside n the balcony in the sun to air dry my hair. 

I did bring a flat iron and it was not confiscated. 

I wish i had brought a hair dryer! One of the small but powerful ones for travel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about US sailings? Travelling on the Virtuosa on 16th October out of Southampton and did not realise we could not take hair straighteners when I booked it (1st ever cruise).  This gives me hope and now have to decide if I want to risk it.  TY.

Edited by ChynaS

2 hours ago, ChynaS said:

Are you talking about US sailings? Travelling on the Virtuosa on 16th October out of Southampton and did not realise we could not take hair straighteners when I booked it (1st ever cruise).  This gives me hope and now have to decide if I want to risk it.  TY.

My other half has taken hers on Ten MSC cruises without an issue sailing from different locations around the world.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:14 PM, spinnaker2 said:

I suggest bringing a hair dryer, the one in the room attached to the drawer is very ineffective and requires you to hold in the button to use it.

So that you, theoretically, can't leave a hairdryer or curling iron plugged in and running, potentially causing a fire.... 

• Like 2