Stanley Tucci "Searching for Italy" returns for Season 3 on CNN October 9

slidergirl

Get your Italian snacks and aperativos ready!!

Rumor is that Stanley will visit Puglia, Sardinia, Liguria and Calabria.

When it airs on the 9th may be dependent on your location's CNN timing.  

Buon Appetito e Buona Visione!!🍷🍕

• Like 3

I need to watch this. The TV critic in the newspaper did a review of Stanley Tucci’s visit to Venice. He was horrified that Tucci ate, and enjoyed, “shavings of pork fat on toast” aka lardo, and salt cod whizzed up with oil, (baccalà mantecato) heaven on a plate in my opinion. I think it’s a good thing that TV critic isn’t a food critic!

• Haha 2

On 10/5/2022 at 10:27 PM, lisiamc said:

I need to watch this. The TV critic in the newspaper did a review of Stanley Tucci’s visit to Venice. He was horrified that Tucci ate, and enjoyed, “shavings of pork fat on toast” aka lardo, and salt cod whizzed up with oil, (baccalà mantecato) heaven on a plate in my opinion. I think it’s a good thing that TV critic isn’t a food critic!

The tv critic is correct, it makes poor television.  I have stopped watching cooking programs, masterchef etc as they always make me want to eat and I put on more weight watching them than I put on during a cruise.🤣

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The tv critic is correct, it makes poor television.  I have stopped watching cooking programs, masterchef etc as they always make me want to eat and I put on more weight watching them than I put on during a cruise.🤣

This particular critic was put off his food! He was gagging because Tucci ate lardo, squid ink and salt cod. He’s a wimpy eater, apparently. I love Stanley Tucci.

20 hours ago, lisiamc said:

This particular critic was put off his food! He was gagging because Tucci ate lardo, squid ink and salt cod. He’s a wimpy eater, apparently. I love Stanley Tucci.

I enjoy the Stanley Tucci shows, but I loooooooooove foood!   😋

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Sounds like the critic is the 'spaghetti and meatballs" kind of person.  Probably a 'chow mein' kind of chinese food person, too.  Not adventurous.  Gotta say - largo on a nice piece of bread is yummy.  

i've got my Aperol, prosecco, Calabrian hot chili pepper sauce and Calabrian licorice candies ready!

• Like 4

On 10/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, slidergirl said:

Sounds like the critic is the 'spaghetti and meatballs" kind of person.  Probably a 'chow mein' kind of chinese food person, too.  Not adventurous.  Gotta say - largo on a nice piece of bread is yummy.  

i've got my Aperol, prosecco, Calabrian hot chili pepper sauce and Calabrian licorice candies ready!

And those peppers are not for the faint of heart! 

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

And those peppers are not for the faint of heart! 

Definitely!  I made a grilled cheese sandwich for the dinner.  used comtè cheese, balsamic carmelized mushrooms & onions and a smidge of my chili spread/sauce.  just the right amount of heat!  The candy is looks like a Tic Tac, but is hardshell with strong licorice in it.  

Have to go out in search of Fregola this week.  I wish someplace around here did octopus so I could grab a piece and add it to the fregola. Alas, it'll be shrimp.

• Like 2

This week is puglia, i believe.  Easy food options to make - orichette pasta, broccolini, broccoli rabe, more seafood, puglian focaccia.   i'll have to decide and then head to the store!   when liguria comes up, i've got my trofie with pesto at the ready.

• Like 2