Former Crystal Mozart - able to book, now Riverside Luxury Cruises

Coral

According to the folk on Binnenschifferforum.de the Ravel has left the Rhine via Rotterdam and is on board the heavy load carrier "Yacht Servant". That vessel will carry her to her new river the Rhone (and the Saone) where she will operate as Riverside Ravel.

notamermaid

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, notamermaid said:

The Riverside Mozart is ready to sail!

Binnenschifferforum ship spotter reports that the name is now on the hull, both painted on and screwed on: https://www.binnenschifferforum.de/showthread.php?112293-Riverside-Mozart-KFGS-04805980&p=454721#post454721

notamermaid

Such a great ship! Thanks for the continual updates!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Pretty weird article... Maybe the writer should be better prepared next time she´s going on a cruise. What, you didn´t find the pool? Never had a look on the deckplans before?

steamboats

Maybe she went as unprepared as I did :classic_wink:. I did not have a clue and certainly did not have a look at deck plans. But then, I booked at short notice and am not a writer. I would say she has written better than this in the last year, generally I like her articles and find she is doing river cruising a better service than the previous lady (who did not stay with the topic long).

Wish I could have gone to Vienna or Budapest. Alas, I will also miss the christening in Düsseldorf tomorrow. Perhaps I can see the Amadeus Riva in Cologne in May.

notamermaid

• Like 1

@notamermaid, exactly you are not a travel writer reporting about river cruise ships. Therefore you don´t need to be prepared (o.k. it helps to be prepared). But every second sentence is that she is surprised to find this or that. It´s her business and therefore she should prepare herself to make the best out of a short trip (for her readers).

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

4 minutes ago, steamboats said:

But every second sentence is that she is surprised to find this or that.

Yup, that sounds "underprepared" - or overdone writing style.

Hope you have trips coming up this Spring. I still having nothing, nada, Nichts, planned.

notamermaid

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, notamermaid said:

Gee, I can't delete the quote in my cell phone.

Unfortunately I can't join the VIVA TWO christening tomorrow as I'm busy with another appointment. But we are checking out the A-ROSA Sena in a week (just for 2 nights).

steamboats 

• Like 1

I have to say the ship's layout is sort of dis-jointed, if that is the correct term. It is an old ship that has been very nicely refurbed and a lot of the layout doesn't make sense. I also did not look at the deck plans beforehand. I booked probably 2 months out and only looked where my cabin was.

For example - Blue - the alternate restaurant, on Crystal was only open at lunch. It is on the aft of the ship and can only be reached by walking outside on the Promenade deck. 

I randomly ran into the Vintage room and the pool also. It wasn't obvious where they were and I also "ran into them". I don't think the Vintage room was used on our sailing. I would be surprised if anyone used the pool but they could have. No one I spoke to did - we were all enjoying our ports.

We started our cruise with 2 days in Vienna. Right after getting on the ship, I had lunch and then took an afternoon tour, then muster drill, then dinner, then packed and I was dead. We only had 1/2 day at sea on our cruise and it was while in the Wachau Valley (maybe it was 2 half days at sea), we were in port very long days and had several overnights in port. Since ours was a Christmas Markets cruise - I didn't rush back to the ship at all and stayed as much as I could in the evenings in port. I probably didn't find the pool until probably day 7 of a 10 day cruise. I actually don't remember seeing deck plans on the ship, not that I was looking for them and not that the ship was that large. It probably ranks as my most active cruise as far as ports were concerned.

I agree about the writing. I also agree that it is possible she didn't have time to find them earlier in the cruise. I didn't.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I agree about the writing. I also agree that it is possible she didn't have time to find them earlier in the cruise. I didn't.

You're a generous soul.  And thanks for pointing out that there is always another side to be considered.

• Like 1

@Coral I totally agree with you regarding the ship´s layout and that as a regular passenger you might not see everything if not specifically searching for it. But this is a professional travel writer and she should prepare herself prior to the cruise and check the deck plans and in case the way to a certain area is not obvious I´d ask for it. But the article sounded more like "oh, what a loveley surprise, there´s a full bathroom in my cabin". 

steamboats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

@Coral I totally agree with you regarding the ship´s layout and that as a regular passenger you might not see everything if not specifically searching for it. But this is a professional travel writer and she should prepare herself prior to the cruise and check the deck plans and in case the way to a certain area is not obvious I´d ask for it. But the article sounded more like "oh, what a loveley surprise, there´s a full bathroom in my cabin". 

steamboats

Yea - I agree, it was poorly written.

• Like 1

Now that sounds better, the more familiar style of writing and - more importantly - should you return to the Riverside Mozart after having sailed her under Crystal ownership you will find familiar features and service: https://www.travelweekly.com/River-Cruising/First-call-Riverside-Mozart

notamermaid