Wonder of the seas UDP: WindJammer beverages and eat 24/7

10 hours ago, forests_lover said:

is it possible to have lunch at a specialty restaurant like Izumi Teppanyaki or Chop’s Grille once I check in on the first day without a reservation ? Giving that I can’t book this restaurant before checking in to the ship.

No restaurant was full at any time this past week. Imagine you could walk in anywhere! 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 11:37 PM, poocher said:

If all you want is water and an occasional soda, I wouldn’t buy a package at all.  The water they serve tastes fine & you can pay as you go for soda.  Unless you are interested in specialty coffees, mock tails or smoothies, the Refreshment package is not worth the money. You will have access to ice water, lemonade, iced tea, milk, coffee probably a few juices at no additional cost.  

That's interesting thanks for the suggestion, aside from that too, I guess I can bring up with me a max of 12 bottles of water (16 oz each) at embarkation plus two large bottles of any juice, correct me if I'm wrong 

12 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

That's interesting thanks for the suggestion, aside from that too, I guess I can bring up with me a max of 12 bottles of water (16 oz each) at embarkation plus two large bottles of any juice, correct me if I'm wrong 

At $3.50 a soda plus say you add a $1.00 tip = $4.50 x2 = $9.00. 2 sodas on a plan at $8.99 a day, you break-even by your second drink per day.

28 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

At $3.50 a soda plus say you add a $1.00 tip = $4.50 x2 = $9.00. 2 sodas on a plan at $8.99 a day, you break-even by your second drink per day.

by the way, I pre-paid all gratuities, I'm not expected to pay extra tips, except for somebody did something exceptional, so I will drink 1 to 2 sodas max a day, that is a  $7 

Edited by forests_lover

On 10/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, forests_lover said:

most of the time I drink water, and sometimes Soda. I guess Royal Caribbean should include beverages with UDP, coz in real world: dining is all about food & drink, how the hell they separate them from each other !! now if i want to order the Refreshing beverage package and the UDP for my family of 4 i will end up paying $2k which’s half the price of the whole 7 night cruise, is that reasonable !?

You'd be surprised at the number of people that prefer spiked liquid meals over solid food, 🤣 hence the DBP. If you don't drink over six or 7 cocktails a day, you would do much better buying the refreshment package and paying for alcohol drinks separately. 

16 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Oh, that doesn't include the purchase of individual drinks.

watch minute 6:20 in this video, this expert says that if i pre-paid for gratuities then I shouldn't pay them again even for drinks, because I simply paying those tips twice as they've already been paid before.

Edited by forests_lover

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

You'd be surprised at the number of people that prefer spiked liquid meals over solid food, 🤣 hence the DBP. If you don't drink over six or 7 cocktails a day, you would do much better buying the refreshment package and paying for alcohol drinks separately. 

LoL ... that's weird, I'm non-alcoholic, so I may drink one mock tail or 2 max a day.

7 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

watch minute 6:20 in this video, this expert says that if i pre-paid for gratuities then I shouldn't pay them again even for drinks, because I simply paying those tips twice as they've already been paid before.

If you buy a soda at $3.50 they will add 18% bringing you to $4.13. Most would just round that up to $4.50 making the tip an entire dollar. This is Not included in prepay gratuities. It would be included in a soda package which would cost $8.99 per day plus 18% gratuity. But the general auto added pre paid gratuities don't include the 18% or more if you choose when purchasing individual drinks. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

If you buy a soda at $3.50 they will add 18% bringing you to $4.13. Most would just round that up to $4.50 making the tip an entire dollar. This is Not included in prepay gratuities. It would be included in a soda package which would cost $8.99 per day plus 18% gratuity. But the general auto added pre paid gratuities don't include the 18% or more if you choose when purchasing individual drinks. 

this is an excellent note I didn't pay attention to, thank you so much dude.

• Thanks 1

No additional gratuities on anything included with the cruise fare ie; complementary food and drinks but they will add gratuity to ANY on board purchase.  If you purchase a dining or beverage package, gratuities are added at time of purchase.  If you make the purchases individually, each purchase will have 18% gratuities added.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poocher said:

No additional gratuities on anything included with the cruise fare ie; complementary food and drinks but they will add gratuity to ANY on board purchase.

Biker is NOT giving RCI any ideas, but no grats on onboard Voom package purchases.

• Thanks 1