Wonder of the seas UDP: WindJammer beverages and eat 24/7

I purchased the UDP package, and want to know if the freshly squeezed juices (non-alcoholic) in WindJammer (Wonder of the seas) covered under the UDP or is it an up-charge ?

and can I eat at WindJammer 24/7 ? if no, is there any spot at which I can eat anytime without a reservation ?

The freshly squeezed juice falls under the beverage package, not the dining package, so they are only included if you have the refreshment package (everything but alcohol) or the deluxe beverage package.

The Windjammer is not open 24/7, unfortunately. There are specific hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  There are lots of places on the Wonder where you can eat without a reservation, and some of them are open quite late (e.g. Sorrento's) and quite early (e.g. Vitality Cafe) but only the Cafe Promenade is open around the clock.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

I purchased the UDP package, and want to know if the freshly squeezed juices (non-alcoholic) in WindJammer (Wonder of the seas) covered under the UDP or is it an up-charge ?

and can I eat at WindJammer 24/7 ? if no, is there any spot at which I can eat anytime without a reservation ?

I've seen some of your questions on other sites. I really think checking out some YouTube videos about Wonder of the seas and possibly Royal Caribbean drinks and dinning packages will help a great deal. The Royal Caribbean blog site videos would especially be of help to many of your questions. And all are not only informative, but enjoyable. Especially to first time cruisers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, forests_lover said:

So sorry for that …

a big thank you for the planner .. appreciate your kind post

On the other site you can download old cruise compasses. Aside from YouTube videos, you may find old compasses/daily planners to look at also helpful. Also, it's beyond clear seafood is very important to you, but don't forget to checkout all the other things a ship that size has to offer. I really feel you will benefit from the videos. There's a lot of info to take in, I know. Never hurts to asks questions. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

On the other site you can download old cruise compasses. Aside from YouTube videos, you may find old compasses/daily planners to look at also helpful. Also, it's beyond clear seafood is very important to you, but don't forget to checkout all the other things a ship that size has to offer. I really feel you will benefit from the videos. There's a lot of info to take in, I know. Never hurts to asks questions. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will try the past compasses to get a closer look, and yeah seafood is important to me to lower down cholesterol levels. 

FYI shell fish like lobster is high in cholesterol so I would avoid that if lowering cholesterol is the goal.  It’s fish with high omega 3 like salmon that help with cholesterol issues.  Neither the steak nor the lobster you are looking for will help.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, poocher said:

FYI shell fish like lobster is high in cholesterol so I would avoid that if lowering cholesterol is the goal.  It’s fish with high omega 3 like salmon that help with cholesterol issues.  Neither the steak nor the lobster you are looking for will help.

Oh I've read recently reports that say the same if I consume too much lobster, but I don't think it's the case for a week long of lobstering, and yes Salmon is great for health in general.

speaking of beverages, I know this question has been asked 954545343.8 times, is it worth it to buy the beverage package (refreshment) and/or water can package for the case of 2 non-alcoholic adults and 2 children (4 & 8 ? cruising on Wonder of the seas next November for 7 nights), by the way the total is ridiculously $991 after 10% off pre-cruise.

I know that all free restaurants have free water, lemonades and juice from concentrate, but what about specialty dining restaurants which's my main target as I purchased the UDP,  do they serve free non-alcoholic drinks or should I pay for any drink I order ? 

On 10/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

I've seen some of your questions on other sites. I really think checking out some YouTube videos about Wonder of the seas and possibly Royal Caribbean drinks and dinning packages will help a great deal. The Royal Caribbean blog site videos would especially be of help to many of your questions. And all are not only informative, but enjoyable. Especially to first time cruisers.

This forum is also a great place to ask questions. Why watch a ton of videos in hopes of getting the info they want when the questions can be answered here? I know when I don’t have or want to use to much time this is the best solution for me.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, forests_lover said:

Oh I've read recently reports that say the same if I consume too much lobster, but I don't think it's the case for a week long of lobstering, and yes Salmon is great for health in general.

True but since you specifically referenced cholesterol as the reason you were looking for seafood, I wanted to be sure you knew your desire to “mainly look for Maine lobster & steak” would not be the best choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This forum is also a great place to ask questions. Why watch a ton of videos in hopes of getting the info they want when the questions can be answered here? I know when I don’t have or want to use to much time this is the best solution for me.

Oh, I strongly disagree. What I said was not just about specific questions info. To get the visual to go with a discussion and the information can only help paint a much fuller picture. They also can be very entertaining and give you so much more background on what you are about to do. Especially for first time travelers. As a matter of fact visuals are almost a necessity for first timers. After reading post on multiple sites, I truly believed for this particular poster it was a very valid suggestion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forests_lover said:

speaking of beverages, I know this question has been asked 954545343.8 times, is it worth it to buy the beverage package (refreshment) and/or water can package for the case of 2 non-alcoholic adults and 2 children (4 & 8 ? cruising on Wonder of the seas next November for 7 nights), by the way the total is ridiculously $991 after 10% off pre-cruise.

I know that all free restaurants have free water, lemonades and juice from concentrate, but what about specialty dining restaurants which's my main target as I purchased the UDP,  do they serve free non-alcoholic drinks or should I pay for any drink I order ? 

You could go down another step and save with the soda package. The beverage package includes coffee and tea which are available for free with meals anyway. My answer would most depend on what you would normally order to drink with meals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

You could go down another step and save with the soda package. The beverage package includes coffee and tea which are available for free with meals anyway. My answer would most depend on what you would normally order to drink with meals?

most of the time I drink water, and sometimes Soda. I guess Royal Caribbean should include beverages with UDP, coz in real world: dining is all about food & drink, how the hell they separate them from each other !! now if i want to order the Refreshing beverage package and the UDP for my family of 4 i will end up paying $2k which’s half the price of the whole 7 night cruise, is that reasonable !?

Edited by forests_lover

1 hour ago, poocher said:

True but since you specifically referenced cholesterol as the reason you were looking for seafood, I wanted to be sure you knew your desire to “mainly look for Maine lobster & steak” would not be the best choice.

Oh I got you, that’s actually true 👍 

On 10/1/2022 at 6:54 PM, little britain said:

Wonder cruise planner from today, Saturday October 1st - a sea day - to see venue times. 

is it possible to have lunch at a specialty restaurant like Izumi Teppanyaki or Chop’s Grille once I check in on the first day without a reservation ? Giving that I can’t book this restaurant before checking in to the ship.

16 minutes ago, forests_lover said:

most of the time I drink water, and sometimes Soda. I guess Royal Caribbean should include beverages with UDP, coz in real world: dining is all about food & drink, how the hell they separate them from each other !! now if i want to order the Refreshing beverage package and the UDP for my family of 4 i will end up paying $2k which’s half the price of the whole 7 night cruise, is that reasonable !?

OK, so since basic coffee, tea, lemonade, etc are included and you most likely will drink soda or water with meals. I say consider just the soda package usually about $8.99 per day. Instead of the beverage package at $22 to $29 per day. (Price varies). I understand the frustration. Drinks can cost a lot extra. And we aren't even talking alcoholic. I can't help with dinning package as it's too much of an unnecessary upcharge for me.

• Like 1

If all you want is water and an occasional soda, I wouldn’t buy a package at all.  The water they serve tastes fine & you can pay as you go for soda.  Unless you are interested in specialty coffees, mock tails or smoothies, the Refreshment package is not worth the money. You will have access to ice water, lemonade, iced tea, milk, coffee probably a few juices at no additional cost.  

• Like 1