San Pedro Parking

judatt

Greetings everyone. We are cruising out of San Pedro on Celebrity Solstice on Oct 8. We are doing b2b so will be parking 14 days. Anyone know how many ships in port that day ?  Is there plenty of parking?  I have considered staying at the doubletree and leaving our car there but then you have to get a shuttle to the port on Saturday morning and then also wait on a shuttle back to the hotel after the cruises. Rate at doubletree is about $800 for 2 nights including parking for length of cruise. I think parking at port is about $250 for 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks. David

When we stayed at the DoubleTree, we took a hotel shuttle to the port (for Princess). We also took the hotel shuttle back. We were surprised to be offered the yummy cookies upon our return. 

The bed was hard and uncomfortable (2018 or 19), but the hotel was very clean, and service was quite good. We did a package that included dinner, breakfast, and the parking. I do not remember if there was a charge for the port shuttle, but we did tip generously. It was very convenient. 

Just park at the San Pedro port...easy and it's a very large lot...getting a space isn't a problem..you may be surprised since people are coming and going look for something up close you might be surprised.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The parking lot at the port is huge and just a short walk to check in.  That $800 at the DT is outrageous. Just park at the port.  We stayed at the DT in July and when we checked in at 6:00 pm the shuttle was already full.  I had to get an Uber to make our check in time.   

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 6:08 PM, Ashland said:

Just park at the San Pedro port...easy and it's a very large lot...getting a space isn't a problem..you may be surprised since people are coming and going look for something up close you might be surprised.

Hmmm, on another board I read that finding a parking spot could be a problem.  ???  There will be 2 ships in port when we depart.

45 minutes ago, geomarc said:

Hmmm, on another board I read that finding a parking spot could be a problem.  ???  There will be 2 ships in port when we depart.

I've done at least 10 cruises out of San Pedro and never had an issue finding parking, even with three ships in port. Not that many people drive themselves and the lots are huge.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, scottca075 said:

I've done at least 10 cruises out of San Pedro and never had an issue finding parking, even with three ships in port. Not that many people drive themselves and the lots are huge.

Calling on scottca075...sorry, I know this is an old post.

Scott, I've been searching the West Coast forum on a link someone posted regarding parking at the World Cruise Center for $85 per month...I couldn't find it.  Do you know anything about this? Thanks in advance.  If there is such a place, it would be a better deal than staying at CP or DT for long cruises...or even for just a week...$140 now.

* We just disembarked last Friday from a b2b on the Navigator.  We stayed at the DoubleTree before our cruises...got a good price.  We had a late check-in at DoubleTree and like another poster said, the only shuttles available for the next day were in the afternoon.  No biggie, we found another way to the cruise port.

* Disembarkation last Friday was a total mess...3 ships...many passengers waiting for shuttles back to DoubleTree and Crown Plaza...not many taxi's.  After a very long wait, most passengers decided to take Uber back to the hotels.  Some were very, very upset because: the DoubleTree shuttle would pick up NCL passengers first...it gets full...then those of us at Berth 92 and Berth 93 painfully watched as the full DoubleTree shuttles drove by us.  Learned yet another lesson: Know how many ships are at the port.

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Scott, I've been searching the West Coast forum on a link someone posted regarding parking at the World Cruise Center for $85 per month...I couldn't find it.  Do you know anything about this? Thanks in advance.  If there is such a place, it would be a better deal than staying at CP or DT for long cruises...or even for just a week...$140 now.

* We just disembarked last Friday from a b2b on the Navigator.  We stayed at the DoubleTree before our cruises...got a good price.  We had a late check-in at DoubleTree and like another poster said, the only shuttles available for the next day were in the afternoon.  No biggie, we found another way to the cruise port.

* Disembarkation last Friday was a total mess...3 ships...many passengers waiting for shuttles back to DoubleTree and Crown Plaza...not many taxi's.  After a very long wait, most passengers decided to take Uber back to the hotels.  Some were very, very upset because: the DoubleTree shuttle would pick up NCL passengers first...it gets full...then those of us at Berth 92 and Berth 93 painfully watched as the full DoubleTree shuttles drove by us.  Learned yet another lesson: Know how many ships are at the port.

The low monthly rate is frequently mentioned in various blogs, and there’s been oodles of threads on it over the years, but I’ve yet to see a single member successfully book it.  Quite a few posters have contacted the parking operator and were told it was not offered.  Given that parking is now $20/day, it’s hard to believe a monthly pass would be $85.  My best guess is that if the rate exists, it’s for employees and/or local businesses (maybe with a minimum term). 

We got off the Princess on Friday.  We also stayed at the DoubleTree - beautiful hotel and we were upgraded to a waterfront suite (Diamond).  The Diamond benefit basically covered a decent dinner.  Not many parking spots in the lot, but we saw security frequently patrol it while unloading our stuff for the night.  Only one shuttle departure was offered but it was fine.

Like you, our return was a disaster.  We called the DT and hung up after a 30 minute hold.  Dozens of people were chasing down DT shuttles (there must’ve been three operating) that were dropping off but not picking up (nor were the drivers telling us what to do, they just took off).  I ended up walking - 38 minutes, plus 25 more to get from the hotel and pick my family up (crowded).  I realize there were 3 ships but the DT could’ve prepared this a lot better.  Zero stars for being unprepared.

Next time we’ll stay at the crowne plaza.  Just a 10 minute walk - same rate but it included breakfast.

Edited by Itried4498
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

1 hour ago, Itried4498 said:

The low monthly rate is frequently mentioned in various blogs, and there’s been oodles of threads on it over the years, but I’ve yet to see a single member successfully book it.  Quite a few posters have contacted the parking operator and were told it was not offered.  Given that parking is now $20/day, it’s hard to believe a monthly pass would be $85.  My best guess is that if the rate exists, it’s for employees and/or local businesses (maybe with a minimum term).

I think Itried4498 has it right.

Parking Concepts Inc (PCI) is the operator of the World Cruise Center parking lot and although their website does show "$85 Monthly" I've never heard of a cruiser getting that rate.

I would assume that rate is for workers at the terminal buildings.

See the PCI website below. See if you are successful booking a monthly pass.

https://parkingconcepts.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

We got off the Princess on Friday.  We also stayed at the DoubleTree - beautiful hotel and we were upgraded to a waterfront suite (Diamond).  The Diamond benefit basically covered a decent dinner.  Not many parking spots in the lot, but we saw security frequently patrol it while unloading our stuff for the night.  Only one shuttle departure was offered but it was fine.

Like you, our return was a disaster.  We called the DT and hung up after a 30 minute hold.  Dozens of people were chasing down DT shuttles (there must’ve been three operating) that were dropping off but not picking up (nor were the drivers telling us what to do, they just took off).  I ended up walking - 38 minutes, plus 25 more to get from the hotel and pick my family up (crowded).  I realize there were 3 ships but the DT could’ve prepared this a lot better.  Zero stars for being unprepared.

Next time we’ll stay at the crowne plaza.  Just a 10 minute walk - same rate but it included breakfast.

Thanks...agree, we will also be going back to Crown Plaza...it's a short leisurely walk.

34 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I think Itried4498 has it right.

Parking Concepts Inc (PCI) is the operator of the World Cruise Center parking lot and although their website does show "$85 Monthly" I've never heard of a cruiser getting that rate.

I would assume that rate is for workers at the terminal buildings.

See the PCI website below. See if you are successful booking a monthly pass.

https://parkingconcepts.com

Thanks...We'll give PCI a try and let you know. We're sailing again out of San Pedro next month.

* Checked the rates on Expedia for DT and CP...$249 & $299 per night the night before our sailing...so it may be back to the parking lot for us.

We just got off a 10 Day New Years cruise the Discovery Princess yesterday morning. The rate is definitely $20 per day at the cruise terminal parking lot. We dropped off our luggage first before heading to the parking lot. Really easy and fast to do. The porters collect your luggage at the drop-off. You may have to park a good distance from the terminal as it is a huge open parking lot, no parking garage. But shuttles are provided from the remote parts of the parking lot right up to the terminal entrance. We took the shuttle to get to the ship, but just made the long walk with our 3 items of wheeled luggage back to our car. Wasn't that bad. It seemed there were a lot less lines, chaos, and ramps to get on and off the ship in San Pedro than our prior cruise a month ago from Long Beach. It was very easy and fast both getting on and off the ship in San Pedro.

30 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Thanks...We'll give PCI a try and let you know. We're sailing again out of San Pedro next month.

* Checked the rates on Expedia for DT and CP...$249 & $299 per night the night before our sailing...so it may be back to the parking lot for us.

You need to look into the cruise packages, nor the standard rate.  The cruise packages  will be priced much higher: DT includes shuttle and unlimited parking whereas CP includes parking for so many days; rates vary by number of days included parking and added features like shuttle and breakfast.  In general, the cruise packages will save you money vs parking only if your cruise is 10+ nights but you need to book months in advance for the lowest rate.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, Itried4498 said:

I called Parking Concepts this morning. The operator, who asked if I was going on a cruise, told me that upon entering the lot I needed to go to the staffed exit toll booth and request monthly parking. She said I would be given a form to fill out and after paying the (now) $90 fee I would be issued a key card.

I will try this out on our upcoming May 1 cruise.

• Like 2