Memory Lane of SS Norway & does NCL retro points?

Justmekaren918

It's been about 10 years now but I was sucessful getting my points added from our 1993 Sunward cruise.

I wrote a letter to Latitudes and sent pictures and a copy of the Dailies I had saved from that cruise.

Can't hurt to try!

• Thanks 1

I crossed the Atlantic on the S S France. Then I started sailing on the S S Norway in 1983 for about 9 cruises on her. The best ship ever. This year we are celebrating 50 years of cruising  and those Norway cruises were still the best. 

Wonderful memories of those cruises in the "old days" and the best entertainment that they had even back then. The broadway shows in the Saga theatre. Probably did not get credit but do not care.  The experiences were priceless. 

• Thanks 1

In 2019 I managed to get them to apply points for my 2001 Norway TA cruise, the website said they would only go back 12 months but they agreed if I could prove it.
I have no paperwork but I sent photos of us on board which they accepted.

However they only gave us 7 points each and did not list the cruise in my history so my total points now actually exceed the sum of my cruises by 7 days. I queried why I was given 7 points and not 16 and they said it was a goodwill gesture as they only go back 12 months normally.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Thanks 1

It's been a long while ago (10 years?), but I got my SS Norway points.  Fortunately, I kept my cruise ticket from that cruise (albeit a little wrinkly) that showed my name and sail date.  But, I scanned it and sent it to someone at NCL...don't remember what department, though.  They added points to my Latitudes account as a result.

I had read someone else here on CC who tried to do the same, recently and was told NCL no longer goes back that far to add Latitudes points.

So, not really sure who to contact about this.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, ziggyuk said:

Thank you all for taking the walk down memory lane of S.S. NORWAY,  She was such a grand cruiser & I'm glad I got to spend a week on her! I sent a few other pix's over & I haven't heard back, maybe next week or something! 

I truly wish I could go back in time for one more Norway cruise - My first cabin Norway Deck #35 - inside cabin with bunk beds - not enough room for two people to turn around or change at the same time. My first- and after 35 cruises - still my best.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Thank you all for taking the walk down memory lane of S.S. NORWAY,  She was such a grand cruiser & I'm glad I got to spend a week on her! I sent a few other pix's over & I haven't heard back, maybe next week or something! 

When I summitted our pictures I took selfies of us holding the pictures so you had a "then and now" of us, I think you will need pictures of yourself onboard to satisfy them you were actually there, certainty that was what they asked us to do, they were not interested in general ship pictures.
What they really wanted was a reservation number but I did not have that 20 years on.

We have fond memories of the Norway - we cruised on her in 1997. We were able to get our 7 day Caribbean cruise added to our Latitudes log - but that was several years ago before the current "12 month look-back" policy. But as others have said, it never hurts to ask!