Carrying on soda

EllieinNJ

42 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

On NCL no soda allowed.  On RCI you may bring on soda and check it with your bags.  On Carnival you may bring on soda but must carry it on board yourself.  What says Princess?

From the Princess Passage Contract & enforcement may vary.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded. If Your luggage is locked, the lock may be removed by security or, alternatively, the luggage will be held by security until You can be present for an inspection and any items in question further identified and/or surrendered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have taken water and soda on all my Princess Cruises.  Have put luggage tags on them directly or have put them in a soft duffle bag and attached luggage tag and they have always got to my stateroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

$8 a share for stock and they let passengers bring water and soda aboard?

$7.01 a share as I type this.

With the drink package canned sodas are not included for some reason. So I always bring a case. Besides, I am not a coke fan and have a favorite diet soda that is a store brand at $4.99 for a case of twelve as opposed to $30 for the same number of cans of diet Cokes on Princess. I keep them cold in my mini-fridge so I can grab one when I am in my cabin without having to order and wait for one or head out to a bar to get one. 

Edited by sloopsailor

2 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

$8 a share for stock and they let passengers bring water and soda aboard?

In advance I purchase their 12 pack of half liter bottles of water that's delivered to our cabin...$7.08 includes tip. Currently that's more expensive than a share of CCL stock...yikes!

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

In advance I purchase their 12 pack of half liter bottles of water that's delivered to our cabin...$7.08 includes tip. Currently that's more expensive than a share of CCL stock...yikes!

That’s a great price for being in the middle of the ocean