Combining OBC

Thrak

Tried booking excursions but most of the OBC is in my name so it won't let me use it to pay for excursions for my wife. I know other's have had their OBC combined but I tried Live Chat and was told this most definitely can't be done. I feel certain I have seen posts where others have had their OBC combined and it makes zero sense for Princess not to allow this. I wonder if I can get this done through my TA or if I will have to call and put up with the insane hold times and then hope I get someone who knows what they are doing. This is really frustrating. This is not the first time I've had Live Chat tell me something was impossible even though I manage to get it done via another channel.

image.thumb.png.9b4b4e66e412979a8cf239652786c0fd.png

I am probably not much help, but recently booked excursions for DW and self and when I clicked the Pay button OBC was applied. Memory is vague but I think I logged in and just added DW as a passenger on excursion.

ETA: Just checked my reservation receipt from Princess and it shows both excursions for myself and separate line items for DW all on one receipt. The cost of excursions would have exceeded either of our OBC, so they must have been combined.

ETA: Looking further at details Cost of excursions was $174.90 DW had $100 OBC and I made a PayPal payment of $74.90. My excursions show same $174.90, I had $200 OBC. So it looks as though it only applied DW OBC to her reservation.

Edited by Tedferg

Pre Covid,  I   always talked with   Princess Shore Excursions when one of us was short of OBC to fully pay for their excursion.  At that time, the "rep" would only deduct the amount needed from the one who had the extra OBC and pay off the amount owed for the excursion.  The remaining OBC remained in the account of whoever it belonged too.  

• Like 1

I just received a phone call from Princess regarding combining my OBC with my wife's OBC.  The representative was extremely helpful and very nice to speak with. She resolved my issue, booked both of the excursions for me, and made everything really easy and pleasant. Now that is what I call great customer service!

(I'll have to send my wife a text to let her know how things worked out. She left with our daughter and our youngest granddaughter (just turned 4) a couple of hours ago for a 3 night "girls only" camping trip to the coast. 🙂)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I just received a phone call from Princess regarding combining my OBC with my wife's OBC.  The representative was extremely helpful and very nice to speak with. She resolved my issue, booked both of the excursions for me, and made everything really easy and pleasant. Now that is what I call great customer service!

(I'll have to send my wife a text to let her know how things worked out. She left with our daughter and our youngest granddaughter (just turned 4) a couple of hours ago for a 3 night "girls only" camping trip to the coast. 🙂)

Glad it worked out. We resolved our inequity by having the shareholder credit in my name, while the military credit is in my husband’s name.