Question on name on passport in the app

Sea Hag

I went to add my new passport into the app. Deleted the old one and scanned the new one worked fine. The scan, of course, picked up my first and middle name, as well as last name. I can't get the app to accept my middle name. If I remove it, the app's perfectly happy. Put it back in, and I get an error message that the first name has to be valid. I looked at my hubby's setup in the app, and his first and middle name show up in the first name box. Our passport info has been set up in the app/the previous incarnation of the app for several years. What have the rest of you seen on this? My name as is in the app is first and last only (since I couldn't get it to take middle) while the scan clearly shows first, middle, last. Is this going to turn around and bite me?

35 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I went to add my new passport into the app. Deleted the old one and scanned the new one worked fine. The scan, of course, picked up my first and middle name, as well as last name. I can't get the app to accept my middle name. If I remove it, the app's perfectly happy. Put it back in, and I get an error message that the first name has to be valid. I looked at my hubby's setup in the app, and his first and middle name show up in the first name box. Our passport info has been set up in the app/the previous incarnation of the app for several years. What have the rest of you seen on this? My name as is in the app is first and last only (since I couldn't get it to take middle) while the scan clearly shows first, middle, last. Is this going to turn around and bite me?

On the App…you can use just first and last name.

The only other thing you can try is to go through your personal information and see if your middle name is still there.

Sometimes it gets deleted.  As long as your account is correct, you’re fine.

We’ve never had our middle names on our bookings.  Never had a problem.

I do have it on the personal information page on the App.

46 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I wanted to add: This was an issue way back in the restart with the App, maybe January.

They recently did an update and this old fix came back as an issue again.

Just add first and last and don’t worry about it.  

Edited by PacnGoNow

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I wanted to add: This was an issue way back in the restart with the App, maybe January.

They recently did an update and this old fix came back as an issue again.

Just add first and last and don’t worry about it.  

Sounds good to me!  😃

I'm trying to enter my new passport info. When I scan it, my first name/middle is flagged as invalid. When I try it manually, it still flags as invalid with or without middle name.
I uninstalled/ reinstalled didn't help. I guess I need to find tech support. 😬

6 minutes ago, NMCruiser55 said:

I'm trying to enter my new passport info. When I scan it, my first name/middle is flagged as invalid. When I try it manually, it still flags as invalid with or without middle name.
I uninstalled/ reinstalled didn't help. I guess I need to find tech support. 😬

Delete your expired passport first. 
Enter your new information and scan your new passport.  Check and make sure your phone number and all other information is in the personal information on the App.

If this doesn’t work, you can go on the

website version of the App and enter your passport information there. 

If it doesn’t work or you don’t want to waste more time, you can call Princess and they can enter it for you. Although, you may have to wait on hold too. But, I’d probably call first thing tmrw when they open or try chat.

Thank you for your reply. I had deleted the old passport before I scanned the new one. Thinking of just doing it on the web site also. Will the other features work if I'm still blue lane? (Assuming any of this will work when on the ship. 🙄)

My wife's website shows she was the (2nd) (following her name) which was wrong. I simply did the online chat and they easily corrected it. All else fails I would use the online chat line. It is much quicker and easier than calling Princess.

Good luck.

I have a similar problem.  Princess says that your sail docs HAVE to match your passport exactly.  My passport has my first, middle, maiden AND last name.  Princess' system can't even handle this.  Even their own CS agent couldn't do it.  He finally gave up, said it wasn't that big a deal.  (never affected my previous 10 cruises).  So we left out my middle name, which I have been doing for 29 years now.  The airlines don't complain either.