COVID self-test, how?

LB_NJ

I will be on a 10-day cruise so there is still a requirement for a COVID test.

I am thinking of doing an at home test the day before boarding the plane.

Has anyone done this?

How do you show the results before boarding?

2 hours ago, Phils01 said:

Yes just done this, took a home test 2 days before and took a photo of it, they had a quick look at it during boarding and that was it

Can you use the Government FREE rapid Antigen Test kit or does it need to purchased from a commercial source ?

52 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

Make sure you get a good, clean swab of your ear canal for a valid test 🙂

YES, the self-monitored testing is THIS STUPID!

Agree.   I would be a lot happier is the Unvaccinated had to do a proper witness test

Edited by mickey89
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Can you use the Government FREE rapid Antigen Test kit or does it need to purchased from a commercial source ?

If you have health insurance, you can go to your pharmacy and find out if you have coverage for free tests, as well. We get 8 free tests/person/month. Just walk into Walgreens, they run it through the insurance and hand you the test boxes of your choice. 

8 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Also from the UK here and will be using the free test kits we get.  Taking a box I got at work months ago to do the job.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

You can use any FDA approved home kit so yes the ones you got from the government will work.  Just check the expiry date although I doubt Celebrity does.

Is the expiry date on the stick showing the negative test?

13 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Agree.   I would be a lot happier is the Unvaccinated had to do a proper witness test

Sorry, but don’t follow your logic. I’m fully vaccinated and caught COVID after practicing masking, hand cleansing and social distancing for 2/12 years. What’s to say vaccinated travelers are not positive when boarding?

This is the reason we have not restarted our cruise holidays. Many people pointing fingers based on feelings….not science. We will continue to wait until hopefully once again…..common sense rears it’s ugly head.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, expattraveler said:

Sorry, but don’t follow your logic. I’m fully vaccinated and caught COVID after practicing masking, hand cleansing and social distancing for 2/12 years. What’s to say vaccinated travelers are not positive when boarding?

No guarantees... it's all about the ODDS. Odds are that those least likely to get infected (& infect others) and suffer the least with break-through infections are those who are fully vaccinated & boosted. The odds get worse from there 😞

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, LB_NJ said:

I will be on a 10-day cruise so there is still a requirement for a COVID test.

I am thinking of doing an at home test the day before boarding the plane.

Has anyone done this?

How do you show the results before boarding?

You don't need a negative test result you only need a picture of a negative test result.  You can test yourself today and save the picture of the negative test result or you can use a picture of my negative test result.

Here you go.

Enjoy your cruise.

2060268313_image1(5).jpeg.a44449d5e411af61d024183c42076da7.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, expattraveler said:

I’m fully vaccinated and caught COVID after practicing masking, hand cleansing and social distancing for 2/12 years.

Me too.  I even had the new Bivalent Omicron vaccine and I caught Covid on the Equinox last week.

Getting sick wasn't fun but there has to be a better solution than staying at home in my bunker for another 2 1/2 years.

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You don't need a negative test result you only need a picture of a negative test result.  You can test yourself today and save the picture of the negative test result or you can use a picture of my negative test result.

Here you go.

Enjoy your cruise.

2060268313_image1(5).jpeg.a44449d5e411af61d024183c42076da7.jpeg

Thanks but the carpet is a give away......Equinox I presume ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

No guarantees... it's all about the ODDS. Odds are that those least likely to get infected (& infect others) and suffer the least with break-through infections are those who are fully vaccinated & boosted. The odds get worse from there 😞

I haven’t read the scientific data yet which supports your position. Can you please point me to it?

Thank you and happy sailing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just a quick question: "For all sailings 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. "

As english is not my native language, I want to make sure that I understand "within" and "prior" correctly:

Boarding day is Monday so the earliest I could do the test is Friday?

19 minutes ago, UniPac said:

............Boarding day is Monday so the earliest I could do the test is Friday?

That's correct........ but nothing stopping you doing the test earlier and photographing the Test Stick on the Friday.  That's the stupidity of the new rules !

19 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Thanks but the carpet is a give away......Equinox I presume ?

Shhhhh.  Maybe or Maybe not.  I can tell you that if you are doing your own self-tests onboard, it’s probably not a good thing.

If you don’t want to cruise, here’s another test you can use.

16E00906-8FD0-40C2-9D19-5271047865A4.jpeg

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UniPac said:

Just a quick question: "For all sailings 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. "

As english is not my native language, I want to make sure that I understand "within" and "prior" correctly:

Boarding day is Monday so the earliest I could do the test is Friday?

Yep, that is correct.

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

That's correct........ but nothing stopping you doing the test earlier and photographing the Test Stick on the Friday.  That's the stupidity of the new rules !

Or swabbing your ear lobe for that matter 😉

Yes it's that silly of a requirement!