Back from cruise

happy v

I think this board needs some positive news.

So we are just back from our first cruise since 2019. We have had a fabulous time. I am so glad to be able to have cruises again as they are my favourite type of holiday.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Glad you had a great time. Got agree, there is a lot of negativity on here at times. The second we got off our 1st P&O cruise in July, we couldn't wait to get on our next. Sure it wasn't perfect, but think it we'd gone on any other type of holiday or with a different cruise company, it wouldn't have been perfect either.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Neecy1 said:

How lovely! Which ship and where did you go? We're on Iona in 3 weeks. Not cruised since 2018. Looking forward to it. Hoping to stay well and not get the dreaded you know what!

We were on Britannia around the Med. Going on Iona in March so you will have to report when you get back

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, happy v said:

We were on Britannia around the Med. Going on Iona in March so you will have to report when you get back

We were on board as well. No complaints.Even the weather was good. We booked for next year on Iona whilst we on board. P&O suit us fine. Entertainment and food were good. Even the app behaved itself.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We were on board as well. No complaints.Even the weather was good. We booked for next year on Iona whilst we on board. P&O suit us fine. Entertainment and food were good. Even the app behaved itself.

I struggled with the app at first but then got the hang of it. 

I have to ask you what you thought of 4poofs?

1 hour ago, happy v said:

I struggled with the app at first but then got the hang of it. 

I have to ask you what you thought of 4poofs?

Alright. but won't be going to see them again. Food in the Limelight was much improved, but service was a bit slow.

9 hours ago, happy v said:

Oh fab. Glad you enjoyed. We did a TA on Brittania and absolutely loved it.

Thank you for posting, so nice to see some positives on this site.

We are off on Iona in 3 weeks, family group of 6 in 3 adjacent cabins, and all looking forward to having a great time.

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Alright. but won't be going to see them again. Food in the Limelight was much improved, but service was a bit slow.

We enjoyed them. More risque than I expected but fun. It was the first time in the Limelight for us and we enjoyed the experience 

• Like 1

Good to hear the positivity - certain posters (and 1 in particular) seem to come on this forum just to criticise and run down P&O at every opportunity. Sure, they aren't perfect and yes things are different from 2019, but Mrs RR and I are just thankful to be able to cruise again. We have 2 P&O trips booked and 1 Cunard, both marques suit us fine.

• Like 7

Maybe the apparent difference in opinions between posters is that some remember P&O as it was (and not so long ago) and some aren’t able to make the comparison. I think also that Saga’s entrance into the market with new ships has upped the game way beyond the P&O offering.

The abysmal customer service from P&O may also have swayed opinions.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Thank you for posting, so nice to see some positives on this site.

We are off on Iona in 3 weeks, family group of 6 in 3 adjacent cabins, and all looking forward to having a great time.

I notice from our balcony that the balcony divider is missing from 2 cabins below us, which must be the procedure for Iona as there is no connecting door. So 3 adjacent balconies should give you a massive balcony space.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I notice from our balcony that the balcony divider is missing from 2 cabins below us, which must be the procedure for Iona as there is no connecting door. So 3 adjacent balconies should give you a massive balcony space.

Cheers, hopefully we can do the same.  Will speak to our steward and request if they can sort it.

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Ive booked 3 adjacent balcony cabins so may well do that. It might remind us of the corner wrap around rear suites we’ve had in the past 😂 

On 10/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, jaydee6969 said:

Cheers, hopefully we can do the same.  Will speak to our steward and request if they can sort it.

On rechecking this it was a deck 8 or 9 cabin which like C and D deck on Azura have dividers that are open topped, our divider on deck 15 did have the smaller door section by the rail.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, Neecy1 said:

How lovely! Which ship and where did you go? We're on Iona in 3 weeks. Not cruised since 2018. Looking forward to it. Hoping to stay well and not get the dreaded you know what!

So are we!!. Went on Iona in March and was very impressed. My husband came kicking and screaming saying things like block of flats, cargo ship etc etc!...now he is hooked. So much so, we are doing a b2b on her from this Saturday.

Just back from an MSC 6 day cruise, to give them a go. Like all lines and ships there are fors and against, but all in all, just glad to be on holiday again!

Chris

• Like 2