Pride of America - Freestyle Daily - cruise from 10/1/2022-10/8/2022

Needz2Cruise

I'm attaching scans of the Freestyle Daily from Pride of America from October 1 to October 8. This cruise was a little different than most in that there was no stop in Kona due to the Ironman Triathlon weekend. If you look carefully, you may also notice some typos in the daily schedules...for example "all aboard" times listed when staying in port overnight.

2022-10-01_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 1.pdf 2022-10-02_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 2.pdf 2022-10-03_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 3.pdf 2022-10-04_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 4.pdf 2022-10-05_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 5.pdf 2022-10-06_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 6.pdf 2022-10-07_NCL Freestyle Daily_Day 7.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, maryjnsteve said:

Maui question, are there car rental shuttles at the port? We are on NCL in November and would like to know how to get to airport for car rental if there are no shuttles. Thank You! Mary

Not at the port, but there is a free shuttle from Budget/Avis that will take you to the ITO airport (10 minutes or so) and bring you back when you return the car. Alamo used to have a shuttle, but does not at this time 

9 minutes ago, Needz2Cruise said:

Not at the port, but there is a free shuttle from Budget/Avis that will take you to the ITO airport (10 minutes or so) and bring you back when you return the car. Alamo used to have a shuttle, but does not at this time 

You can take Uber or a taxi from Kahului Harbor to the airport (OGG, not ITO- which is Hilo).  The harbor is only about three miles from the airport.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, maryjnsteve said:

Maui question, are there car rental shuttles at the port? We are on NCL in November and would like to know how to get to airport for car rental if there are no shuttles. Thank You!

If you are traveling light, such as with only a carry-on size backpack like I've used all over the world, then just take a fascinating shoreline walk to airport. Preview on google aerial maps. First take in some of the top kitesurf spots in the world, with interesting beachside activities by hotshots launching and landing. Beware of a few unsavory characters selling contraband from ramshackle cars.

Next you encounter famous windsurfing spots, with interesting demographic shift to older and established wind warriors (easy to chat with). This was all pleasant and interesting to me some years ago, but there is a chance it's engulfed by territorial vagrants by now. Oh, on the way there are also friendly spots where local families go for beach time away from tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 9:53 AM, georgiacat said:

Thanks for posting the daily activity lists.  Could you please comment on what excursions/trips you took off of the ship, whether private or ship sponsored?

it's been years since I was on POA but if it's still offered I highly highly highly recommend the sunrise excursion up Mount Haleakala.  Right now I'm staring at the pic I took and had enlarged and hangs on my wall (bring a coat... you're on a mountain).

I enjoyed reading the dailies. I am on the December 3-10 sailing. I have been reading the latest reviews and they have all showed the cruise as been rated poor with a do not go remarks. Was it like that for your cruise? They all mentioned only half the dining venues are open and so are the bars with very poor service. I was supposed to take this cruise last January when it was canceled. I still plan on going my my expectations now are not good.