Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

That was us. After writing to explain our problems, they are being attentive! Should have done it earlier, but hopefully all will be fine for the 20/11. Off to Crown Grill again tonight and just had delicious Lobster Roll for lunch. Still trying to spend our OBC. 😩😩

What a delightful dilemma to have!  Most OBC I've ever had was $50!

On 10/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, yes!yes!yes! said:

I didn't rate it as special, but enjoyed a good walk around.

I preferred Airlie Beach, something nice about that place. Cairns was nice along the boardwalk and the beach front, but has a fair amount of druggies around.

I didn't notice any,  but did wonder if I should be walking alone along the boardwalk at sunrise.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, yes!yes!yes! said:

I didn't rate it as special, but enjoyed a good walk around.

I preferred Airlie Beach, something nice about that place. Cairns was nice along the boardwalk and the beach front, but has a fair amount of druggies around.

What did you like about Airlie Beach?  We rent accommodation in Airlie Beach and use it as a hub to islands from Shute Harbour, plus beautiful drives north to Gloucester, and Bowen, and inland to Proserpine.  

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

What did you like about Airlie Beach?  We rent accommodation in Airlie Beach and use it as a hub to islands from Shute Harbour, plus beautiful drives north to Gloucester, and Bowen, and inland to Proserpine.  

It looks nice, very clean and the people were so nice in the shops and at the markets. Even the shuttle driver said to us, "its $5 but if you don't have it, you can hop on anyway". We paid of course. Everything was easy walking distance to the dock. It just had a charm about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

It looks nice, very clean and the people were so nice in the shops and at the markets. Even the shuttle driver said to us, "its $5 but if you don't have it, you can hop on anyway". We paid of course. Everything was easy walking distance to the dock. It just had a charm about it.

We quite like Airlie too, but have spent lots of time there over the years - Gateway to the Whitsunday Islands.

6 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Yes the tropics have a nice easy going lifestyle 

Just now, cruiser3775 said:

Better than plastic straws clogging up the barrier reef and becoming fish food.

I agree wholeheartedly, but that still doesn't make me like the taste of them! 🤣

Anyway there are plenty of cocktails I like that are in short glasses, no straw needed

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

We have an emergency situation evolving onboard.

Due to too many drink packages, the bars ran out of drinking straws last night.

Too many drink package Alkies on your cruise Geoff, lol.🍻🥂🍷🍹🍺🍸🍾They need to attend the AA meets, is it Bob and Bill?

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Too many drink package Alkies on your cruise Geoff, lol.🍻🥂🍷🍹🍺🍸🍾They need to attend the AA meets, is it Bob and Bill?

Me for one. Barb for 2. I reckon we aren't the only suspects.

Just had the last supper at Crown Grill, which is a great way to finish a cruise.

Sorry, Barb bumped her head last night, so our plans were much more relaxed today. I didn't get out and about for ship photos as I intended. She is a big girl, and therecarecsome areas we have visited only once or twice. We found our fave spots early on, and we tend to hangout in those places. That is the main plus of a big ship, where you don't have to tread on everyone's toes to have a great time. 

I will follow-up with some thoughts and a bit of a review on the way home tomorrow. Not a perfect cruise, but it hit the spot most of the way. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just had the last supper at Crown Grill, which is a great way to finish a cruise.

Sorry, Barb bumped her head last night, so our plans were much more relaxed today. I didn't get out and about for ship photos as I intended. She is a big girl, and therecarecsome areas we have visited only once or twice. We found our fave spots early on, and we tend to hangout in those places. That is the main plus of a big ship, where you don't have to tread on everyone's toes to have a great time. 

I will follow-up with some thoughts and a bit of a review on the way home tomorrow. Not a perfect cruise, but it hit the spot most of the way. 

Good lord is she ok?

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yes.

She just needed to take it easy yesterday. Bit of a lump and a headache, which is much better this morning.

Glad to hear Barb is feeling better.

And thanks Geoff for your running reports, been following with envy, over the past few weeks.

Regards

John

• Like 2

We did have a delayed disembarkation. Someone, no name mentioned, left her phone in the PES lounge and hadn't realised until I asked about the whereabouts of her Opal card.

Thankfully, terminal security was able to locate the phone and bring it down, but there was a bit of a wait.

Not quite home yet, I will fill in some gaps then - Hard to type and drive at the same time.

Only kidding, we are on a train.

Edited by arxcards
Karnt speil
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, NSWP said:

Come on Geoff, tell us how Barb bumped her nut, lol.

We finally managed to get a window table at Alfredo's for lunch. As Barb was wriggling into place across the bench seat along the wall, she managed to knock the back of her head against a faux column that was sitting proud of the wall.

• Like 1