Pizza on Zuiderdam?

Reds4life

We were on Zuiderdam in April and there is pizza in the Lido, but it is not at all like what they have at New York Deli & Pizza on the other ships. The crust was thicker and doughy, not crispy, and had very little cheese. I didn’t like it, YMMV.  

I’m Here on Nieuw Amsterdam and I tried my first ever pizza at sea at the New York deli. After eyeballing other people’s pizza I asked for extra cheese. The pizza was better than expected and I will have it again, with extra cheese!!!      ~Nancy 

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, trk_koa said:

We were on Zuiderdam in April and there is pizza in the Lido, but it is not at all like what they have at New York Deli & Pizza on the other ships. The crust was thicker and doughy, not crispy, and had very little cheese. I didn’t like it, YMMV.  

Man that's what I was afraid of. My kiddos are pizza snobs and only like quality. Although they did like Royal Caribbean's ok. MSC was top notch. 

Zuiderdam does not have the NY Pizza/Deli venue, which is where HAL's best pizza (in our opinion) comes from.

But pizza is usually available in the Lido buffet area, and it's okay. Not even close to NY Pizza/Deli, but just okay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Man that's what I was afraid of. My kiddos are pizza snobs and only like quality. Although they did like Royal Caribbean's ok. MSC was top notch. 

The Zuiderdam had the Taco Bar open in April to build nachos or make tacos.

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Zuiderdam does not have the NY Pizza/Deli venue, which is where HAL's best pizza (in our opinion) comes from

Agree.  

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Not pizza and do not care for such cuisine.  

On 10/21/2022 at 8:48 AM, Reds4life said:

My kiddos are pizza snobs and only like quality. Although they did like Royal Caribbean's ok. MSC was top notch. 

Of course food opinions are so inherently subjective, that one person's perception of 'quality' is another's perception of garbage. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:11 PM, KroozNut said:

Zuiderdam does not have the NY Pizza/Deli venue, which is where HAL's best pizza (in our opinion) comes from.

But pizza is usually available in the Lido buffet area, and it's okay. Not even close to NY Pizza/Deli, but just okay.

Is it available til 4:30 from the lido or does it close at 2:00.  I don’t eat pizza but my father likes his 4:00 pizza fix and we will be in Zuiderdam next month.

15 minutes ago, liketraveling said:

Is it available til 4:30 from the lido or does it close at 2:00.  I don’t eat pizza but my father likes his 4:00 pizza fix and we will be in Zuiderdam next month.

Lido Market pizza was available on the Zuiderdam from lunchtime until at least 8:00 PM in April.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:48 AM, Reds4life said:

Stay far away from the pizza from HAL unless you enjoy eating a frozen pizza from the supermarket.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The ny pizza is not like frozen pizza.  If any frozen pizza tastes like that I would like to buy the brand.

But it is definitely not "NY"  pizza.

As I am used to what is "NY" pizza (in actually the closest you can come to Napolitano pizza without being in Italy), the HAL stuff does remind me of a frozen supermarket pizza.

37 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

As I am used to what is "NY" pizza (in actually the closest you can come to Napolitano pizza without being in Italy), the HAL stuff does remind me of a frozen supermarket pizza.

I think most people know that it not ny pizza.  Again, which frozen pizza tastes like that?  To me just because you don’t like it you “think” that’s what frozen pizza taste like.  I can assure you that as someone that actually eats frozen pizza on occasion it doesn’t taste like that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Homosassa said:

New York Deli Pizza is delicious. Of course it's not like the pizza you would eat in Italy, and also not like the pizza you would have in NY (thank God), but still delicious. Pizzas from all the other Class ships are not the same level, and I also don't like them. But saying New York Deli Pizza is not a good pizza for a cruise line, it's not true.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Crew News said:

Thanks that is good to know! I think they will definitely try the pizza regardless but generally have been a bit spoiled by MSC with pizza, but RCCL pizza was ok as well. I was kinda hoping for the NY Deli kind but I am sure we will manage lol 🙂

On 10/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, Reds4life said:

Thanks that is good to know! I think they will definitely try the pizza regardless but generally have been a bit spoiled by MSC with pizza, but RCCL pizza was ok as well. I was kinda hoping for the NY Deli kind but I am sure we will manage lol 🙂

MSC and RCCL pizza sucks IMHO. You will be blown away by HAL's pizza!

49 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

MSC and RCCL pizza sucks IMHO. You will be blown away by HAL's pizza!

Different tastes, maybe?  Different cooks in the pizza kitchen, maybe?  HAL's New York Deli and Pizza pizza product is superior to the pizza product that the other vessels pizza galleys can produce.  MSC's pizza?  As good as, if not better, than HAL's best pizza.  Just my opinion--according to my taste buds.  😀