Another medallion app gripe - cannot get mediation ordered!

AtlantaCruiser72

I have been trying for five days to order our medallions. Nothing works.  I have tried on app in iPhone, iPad and via the desktop version on my windows based pc in Chrome and Firefox.  I have tried clearing cookies and browsing history, reset my router, tried on data signal only.  At various stages of the ordering process it spins, freezes, crashes or kicks me out every single time. 

Anyone have advice short of picking them up at the pier???

8 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I have been trying for five days to order our medallions. Nothing works.  I have tried on app in iPhone, iPad and via the desktop version on my windows based pc in Chrome and Firefox.  I have tried clearing cookies and browsing history, reset my router, tried on data signal only.  At various stages of the ordering process it spins, freezes, crashes or kicks me out every single time. 

I was able to do nothing on the app.  Simply called.  A wait of only a couple minutes.  They entered everything and ordered our medallions.  Even helped with uploading photos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Sounds like you’ve tried it all.  I’m sure you signed out of the App and back in?

You can do this on the website version also.

But, you can absolutely pick up at the port at the checkin counter.  Only takes

a couple of minutes.

I wouldn’t waste any more time, really. 
If you really want to, call PCL first thing in the morning, pick option for Medallion App, or try website version of the App.

LMK how it works out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sounds like you’ve tried it all.  I’m sure you signed out of the App and back in?

You can do this on the website version also.

But, you can absolutely pick up at the port at the checkin counter.  Only takes

a couple of minutes.

I wouldn’t waste any more time, really. 
If you really want to, call PCL first thing in the morning, pick option for Medallion App, or try website version of the App.

LMK how it works out.

Absolutely.   I was able to do nothing so called Princess.  Took 20 minutes to completely check in.  Medallion ordered to pickup up at port.

Since I usually misplace 4 or 5 Seapass cards, wonder if this will be better or worse.

• Haha 1

Last night I was trying around 7:30 pm and it was impossible. I happened to wake up early this morning so I tried again and it went through. I think it was around 6:00 AM. My suspicion is that during prime times you have more people using the app. And this can cause enough lag that it times out while you’re trying to do stuff.

• Like 1

Update - at 223am this morning, using the web version from my iPad I FINALLY was able to complete my medallion order and am now in the green lane!  The fact that it was this hard for someone comfortable using tech speaks volumes on just how bad this app really is!

I know I could have picked them up at the pier, but my perseverance was more of forcing Princess to deliver on their promise. It’s about principal, not necessity at this point. 

• Like 3