Price of soft drinks and mock tails on P & O

suey

14 minutes ago, suey said:

Just booked my first P & O cruise since 2014 ( usually cruise Princess or RCL) can anyone please tell me the price of coffee, tea, soft drinks and mock tails on P & O??

been trying to find this info for weeks, so far:

Short Black $3.50

Most other coffees between $4 to $4.50

Nitro Coffee $5.50 (what ever that is)

Frozen Assorted Coffees $5.25

Teas T2 $3.50

Mocktails I'm told are around $10

No info on OJ or Soft drinks.

Good luck

Regards

Edited by Ozwoody

11 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

been trying to find this info for weeks, so far:

Short Black $3.50

Most other coffees between $4 to $4.50

Nitro Coffee $5.50 (what ever that is)

Frozen Assorted Coffees $5.25

Teas T2 $3.50

These prices are disgraceful on a basic ship.  Equal to what you pay in cafes in Australia.  Maybe they could provide boiling water, bring your own teabag!

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

These prices are disgraceful on a basic ship.  Equal to what you pay in cafes in Australia.  Maybe they could provide boiling water, bring your own teabag!

Actually we would be happy to pay coffee shop prices on a cruise, if the coffee was good, or at least reasonable quality.

But unfortunately experience so far has been disappointing.

If their going to charge those prices, at least train them to make drinkable coffee. Yes?😳

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Actually we would be happy to pay coffee shop prices on a cruise, if the coffee was good, or at least reasonable quality.

But unfortunately experience so far has been disappointing.

If their going to charge those prices, at least train them to make drinkable coffee. Yes?😳

Agree.  I can't drink bad coffee.  It is hard to spoil a cup of tea, as long as the water has been boiled.   Some motels in the US used to provide coffee makers only to make tea - ugh!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree.  I can't drink bad coffee.  It is hard to spoil a cup of tea, as long as the water has been boiled.   Some motels in the US used to provide coffee makers only to make tea - ugh!

Agree. I usually have one coffee on a cruise, on the first day, just to remind me how bad it is.

Ship coffee - yuck.

Coffee makers never seem to get the water hot enough for tea. Had that experience recently in European hotels. Not a kettle in sight,

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Agree. I usually have one coffee on a cruise, on the first day, just to remind me how bad it is.

Ship coffee - yuck.

Coffee makers never seem to get the water hot enough for tea. Had that experience recently in European hotels. Not a kettle in sight,

I used to carry an element (?) you put in your cup to boil water for tea..  

You don't realise just how reliably good our coffee, tea and food are until you travel overseas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Ship coffee - yuck.

Strange, the US I can understand as they only have 110v systems. But Europe has a 230v system like us don't they?

Edited by Ozwoody

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I used to carry an element (?) you put in your cup to boil water for tea..  

You don't realise just how reliably good our coffee, tea and food are until you travel overseas.

Would the element be a fire hazard if you accidently left it on?

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Strange, the US Ican understand as they only have 110v systems. But Europe has a 230v system like us don't they?

The coffee machines are designed to not produce boiling water. They are designed for coffee pods which do not require water that hot. I have an Aldi pod machine and I usually nuke my coffee for 30 seconds after.

Espresso machines are, of course, different. My Atomic espresso machine boils water and has a milk steamer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Strange, the US I can understand as they only have 110v systems. But Europe has a 230v system like us don't they?

I don't recall Europe having coffee/tea facilities in your room.  Europe has good coffee at cafes.   Cappuccino only for breakfast as a rule.  England has kettles.

51 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I don't recall Europe having coffee/tea facilities in your room.  Europe has good coffee at cafes.   Cappuccino only for breakfast as a rule.  England has kettles.

We expected that the coffee in Italy and France would be excellent, as both countries are famed for their coffee shops.

Sadly that was not our experience, compared to the coffee in Australian cafe's, theirs was not great and where over priced. Admittedly we only experienced Venice, Rome, Salerno, Messina in Italy, and Toulon in France, so not an extensive experience, and maybe we just hit the wrong cafe's. But that was our experience of European coffee.😬

26 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

We expected that the coffee in Italy and France would be excellent, as both countries are famed for their coffee shops.

Sadly that was not our experience, compared to the coffee in Australian cafe's, theirs was not great and where over priced. Admittedly we only experienced Venice, Rome, Salerno, Messina in Italy, and Toulon in France, so not an extensive experience, and maybe we just hit the wrong cafe's. But that was our experience of European coffee.😬

I only had cappuccino for breakfast, with an Italian.  I enjoy Italian cappuccino because it is stronger.  I don't do coffee standing up at a high table (? Germany)! nor out of aluminium expresso percolator pots (too strong).  My favourite is affogato coffee which we can get everywhere here now.  Do they have it on the ship without selling your house?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I forgot an exception for poor coffee on ships. I had excellent coffee on MSC Divina Nov 2019.

My recent experience this year (France, Spain, Portugal) was a bit hit and miss hotel for tea/coffee facilites. We had an excellent hotel on arrival in Barcelona which had what we needed but some others did not. Our hotel in Bordeaux had a very good coffee machine but it would not heat the water hot enough for tea even though good tea bags were supplied. I don't recall any facilities in our Portuguese hotels and none in Morocco.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I only had cappuccino for breakfast, with an Italian.  I enjoy Italian cappuccino because it is stronger.  I don't do coffee standing up at a high table (? Germany)! nor out of aluminium expresso percolator pots (too strong).  My favourite is affogato coffee which we can get everywhere here now.  Do they have it on the ship without selling your house?

Is that a brand or a type of coffee?

19 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Is that a brand or a type of coffee?

Big scoop of vanilla ice cream in a glass with a shot of black coffee in a little glass which you pour over the ice cream  i like to drink coffee through ice cream (don't mix).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Big scoop of vanilla ice cream in a glass with a shot of black coffee in a little glass which you pour over the ice cream  i like to drink coffee through ice cream (don't mix).  

Well that sounds interesting, never heard of that previously.

To answer your question do they have it on the ship? The Short Blacks are $3.50, and they probably do have the ice-cream for use in mocktails, so would imagine you could order one.

Whether you would have to sell some grandkids or not, I wouldn't count on it.🤣

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Well that sounds interesting, never heard of that previously.

To answer your question do they have it on the ship? The Short Blacks are $3.50, and they probably do have the ice-cream for use in mocktails, so would imagine you could order one.

Whether you would have to sell some grandkids or not, I wouldn't count on it.🤣

Plain they cost $7 or with alcohol angelica $10-$12 

• Like 1

Getting back to suey's question does anyone know what a softdrink costs on P&O cruises?

I also like to know what fruit juice costs, ie: OJ.

I'm amazed everyone knows the cost of wines etc, no one seems to know what non-alcoholic drinks cost.

Surely people don't drink booze all day.🤣