Cruise Air by Viking miles question

kbert92069

So a new experience for me was using Viking Air for a cruise off Norway next year.  Their itinerary shows Delta over and American for the return.  When I log into AA I see all flights listed and this is confusing to me.  Will I get AA miles for the Delta legs or do I need a Delta flyer account?

To expand on what FlyerTalker is talking about is that all air travel purchased from a cruise line are considered consolidator tickets. These tickets are negotiated in advance. The terms and conditions "may" include restrictions that would not pertain to tickets purchased directly from the airline itself. That's one of the reasons for the savings along with other reasons. 99% of the time, the consumer won't experience any difference, except for "maybe" not earning miles or not being able to pre-select seats. The biggest difference a consumer may feel is if things go TU and the flight runs into irregular operations issues.

There is a thread above this one that discusses Cruise Air and Deviation. It's old, but still relevant. Knowlege is power. Read the thread, then decide if the savings outweigh the benefits for your needs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kbert92069 said:

So a new experience for me was using Viking Air for a cruise off Norway next year.  Their itinerary shows Delta over and American for the return.  When I log into AA I see all flights listed and this is confusing to me.  Will I get AA miles for the Delta legs or do I need a Delta flyer account?

You might as well put your loyalty numbers on the ticket.  Don't go in expecting to get any, if you do consider it a bonus.  Usually with those deeply discounted tickets the number of points/miles is reduced from a more expensive ticket. 

You can put two or more loyalty numbers onto the reservation.  It will get credit to the programs as appropriate.

AA can be credit to AA program or one of their partners like Alaska, British Airlines loyalty program.  

Delta can be credited to the Delta program or one of its partners like WestJet or Air Frances program. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kbert92069 said:

Their itinerary shows Delta over and American for the return.  When I log into AA I see all flights listed and this is confusing to me.

The prime (or master) reservation record will (obviously) show all the flights in the booking, regardless of which airline(s) you're booked on.

In addition, any individual airline's reservation record often includes the previous flight/journey and the following flight/journey, even if those flights/journeys are on a different airline and the prime record is held by a different airline or reservation system. This is because the airline may need to know where you've come from, or where you are going to, so it could be important for the airline to have ready access to this information.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Globaliser said:

The prime (or master) reservation record will (obviously) show all the flights in the booking, regardless of which airline(s) you're booked on.

In addition, any individual airline's reservation record often includes the previous flight/journey and the following flight/journey, even if those flights/journeys are on a different airline and the prime record is held by a different airline or reservation system. This is because the airline may need to know where you've come from, or where you are going to, so it could be important for the airline to have ready access to this information.

I think this help me understand that there's a "master" reservation.  

I thank everyone for their replies.