Favorite cruise souvenir always..?

Davechipp74

1 hour ago, George C said:

I miss the old swizzle sticks from cruises and bars have a small collection

I do as well.  And, I do use them when I have a mixed drink.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

My mom also used to collect menus from the MDR on the Sitmar ships. They had beautiful hand-painted watercolors (reproduced of course) on each cover, each one different and reflecting either the port or theme of the day in the MDR. It's like a walk back in time to read through those menus now.

And one final Sitmar story, my parents were on board when it was announced that, beginning immediately, the Sitmar ships were sold to Princess and Sitmar as a brand ceased to exist. For the rest of that cruise it was a sort of crazy free-for-all. Bartenders were giving passengers all of the coasters and swizzle sticks, ash-trays, and whatever else was branded with the Sitmar crest. To this day my parents still use the swizzle sticks!

Those Sitmar menus were lovely and I do have a collection of them from my one Sitmar cruise.  I was aboard the Fairwind when the announcement was made that Princess had purchased Sitmar.  Left Port Everglades as a Sitmar ship and returned as a Princess vessel.  I do have swizzle sticks and one ash tray with the Sitmar logo on it.  Were your parents on Fairwind, Fairsea, or Fairsky?  Maybe Fair Majesty?  

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I do as well.  And, I do use them when I have a mixed drink.

Those Sitmar menus were lovely and I do have a collection of them from my one Sitmar cruise.  I was aboard the Fairwind when the announcement was made that Princess had purchased Sitmar.  Left Port Everglades as a Sitmar ship and returned as a Princess vessel.  I do have swizzle sticks and one ash tray with the Sitmar logo on it.  Were your parents on Fairwind, Fairsea, or Fairsky?  Maybe Fair Majesty?  

I think it was Fairsea; it was the one doing Mexican itineraries, right?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think it was Fairsea; it was the one doing Mexican itineraries, right?

Yes.  I think Fairsky was sailing Alaska itineraries at that time.  Fair Majesty?  I think she was sailing, but, I don't remember where.  I remember seeing a picture of her decorated in the new Sitmar exterior color scheme and funnel logo.  (Or maybe what I remember was a concept illustration of the vessel prior to her entering service,)  

My Sitmar cruise was an outstanding experience and increased my interest in sailing on an Italian influenced ship.  Home Lines was my first experience with that.  Fairwind was showing some renovation needs, but, service, cuisine, and entertainment was outstanding.  My first experience with Pub Night and that was nothing short of hilarious.  No comedy on the seven seas today equals that!  

26 minutes ago, MJC said:

Christmas ornaments from different ports. I got my first one on our honeymoon to Mexico and now we have a bunch on our tree that remind me of our travels.

That is what my mom does.  She restricts it to handcrafted ornaments.  They are beautiful and entertaining 

1 hour ago, samiam0403 said:

Christmas ornaments from the ports. We lost all of our Christmas decor in a hurricane in 2018, so we've been a bit more consistent with buying them since then.

43 minutes ago, MJC said:

Christmas ornaments from different ports. I got my first one on our honeymoon to Mexico and now we have a bunch on our tree that remind me of our travels.

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

That is what my mom does.  She restricts it to handcrafted ornaments.  They are beautiful and entertaining 

I think it is cool to have an objective like that when visiting places.  

• Like 2