Harmony of the Seas... with Drink and Dining Package... Recommendations?

Hi All,

We are going to be on the Harmony of the Seas in about two weeks.  We bought the drink and dining package (so I believe we can do lunches and dinners), and we are also staying in a suite so we have access to Coastal Kitchen.  It will be my DH and my DD (nearly 3).  We've never been on Harmony of the Seas before...  Does anyone have any stand out drinks or eating places that you would say are a must do?  Very excited for our upcoming trip and we're trying to make a "must do" list.  🙂  

Below are 2 threads that might give you some good insight on dining and drinks. 

The first is a thread about people's favorite specialty restaurants, and the second is a live cruise review from @Sea Dog who shared a lot of the different drinks he tried, along with their recipes.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, melnemac32 said:

We’re in sky class not Star. So it’s not an included perk for us. 

No but it still have access to coastal kitchen don’t you? Most suite passengers eat there I believe and don’t do specialty restaurants as don’t see the need.

13 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

No but it still have access to coastal kitchen don’t you? Most suite passengers eat there I believe and don’t do specialty restaurants as don’t see the need.

When we stayed in a suite we didn't really care for Coastal Kitchen.  We were star class and we enjoyed specialty dining at the different restaurants.  

We also sail in suites and if available take an unlimited dining package.  We enjoy the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, but prefer speciality restaurants for lunch and dinner.  We no longer take a drink package as our status gives us 4 free alcoholic drinks a day.  In the evening, we get additional free drinks, if necessary in suite lounge.  We also get fresh coffee,  water and soda in the lounge and bring back to our suite if we desire.  Wine and beer also available most of the day in the suite lounge.

Edited by Cruise a holic

13 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Below are 2 threads that might give you some good insight on dining and drinks. 

The first is a thread about people's favorite specialty restaurants, and the second is a live cruise review from @Sea Dog who shared a lot of the different drinks he tried, along with their recipes.

Thank you for the shoutout! Glad I could help someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

Most Suite passengers eat at specialities, CK is busier with pinnacles.

We might go to CK once or twice when in a suite.

We don’t  buy drink package 

with 11-11 free beer and wine in SL

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

Does the Coastal Kitchen have the same, or similar, menu as the MDR?   We will be on Harmony very soon and our daughter made reservations there for all but 3 nights.   Thanks for any info.  I haven't cruised in awhile.  🙂  

Finishing up the last 2 days on the Symphony. We have the dining package, and I will say that the food is great, but plan for meals to dictate your whole day if you want to eat at specialty restaurants.

Once you book your reservations they're very hard to change (at least if the ship is full) because there won't be any availability after day 1, and you'll have to get on wait lists or go at the very end of the day (9pm) to see if people finished early and you can get a table.

Dinners are looooooong. One and a half to 2 hours. We were able to get out of Jamie's in 45 min once, only because we had a very tight window before having a show reservation. We had to skip dessert. Because we had to book meals on day 1, we're now stuck having to plan all of our days around reservations that have not yet been at a time we really wanted to eat. And it's a lot of food. 4 courses every night. We're just not very big people and we can't ingest that much food all at once. We don't finish any of the courses, and we're constantly having to reassure waiters that it's not because we don't like the food, but because we only way 120 pounds and we can't eat this much. 

For the people who are wondering if it's worth getting the dining plan if they're planning to go to coastal kitchen every night for dinner, I would say no. Going to coastal kitchen is basically choosing to eat at the main dining room every night, and it would be a waste to pay for the dining plan if you won't use it every day. 

10 hours ago, gator582 said:

Does the Coastal Kitchen have the same, or similar, menu as the MDR?   We will be on Harmony very soon and our daughter made reservations there for all but 3 nights.   Thanks for any info.  I haven't cruised in awhile.  🙂  

Coastal Kitchen is the Suites restaurant and has a different menu than that of the MDR.  

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 10/31/2022 at 6:10 AM, jandj1224 said:

When we stayed in a suite we didn't really care for Coastal Kitchen.  We were star class and we enjoyed specialty dining at the different restaurants.  

Similar situation as mine, future family cruise on Harmony for which I have booked the RLS plus both SLS cabins. All dining options included.

Are specialties a noticeable improvement (food quality and service) over CK?

I expect (hope?) that CK is at least adequate (versus any sort of buffet or MDR madhouse) for breakfast, what with I am reading the pinnacle members occupy the CK space at will.

TY for your observations. 

On 10/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, DaKahuna said:

I guess we are the anomaly.  We eat as many of our meals as we can in CK.  May do one dinner in a specialty restaurant, in addition to a lunch or two at Izumi. 

I agree with you, I though Coastal Kitchen was very good. 

Makes me wonder what people eat at home ?