Two Divina tips

Liz

49 minutes ago, Liz said:

If you are sailing on Divina, bring your own tissues (Kleenex) and washcloth.  Neither were in the staterooms for the 10/21-10/24 sailing.

Liz

MSC never seems to out those two things in cabin but we always ask for them and get them. On Divina couple weeks ago go Room Guy left clean washcloths every day. Also gave us tissues. No problem. 

I was recently on Divina for 19 days and there were no facial tissues ever provided and usually only one washcloth a day. I was traveling solo, so it was not an issue.

I think it may be due to MSC being an Italian cruise line and washcloths apparently aren’t used by many Italians / Europeans, or at least provided by the travel industry there. The reasoning apparently is that some can’t imagine using one that someone else previously used, even if it had been washed. 

https://www.moretimetotravel.com/washcloths-in-italy-italians-use/

My first time on MSC, 73rd cruise overall, and this was the first ocean cruise without either item.  (No washcloths on two of my three river cruises.). There were five people in our group, total of three staterooms and it was the same situation for all of us.  There was a metal plate covering the opening where you’d typically find tissues in the bathroom, so that seems to be a permanent thing.  And we had different stateroom attendants so it wasn’t human error.  It’s a mystery…

Liz

1 hour ago, Liz said:

My first time on MSC, 73rd cruise overall, and this was the first ocean cruise without either item.  (No washcloths on two of my three river cruises.). There were five people in our group, total of three staterooms and it was the same situation for all of us.  There was a metal plate covering the opening where you’d typically find tissues in the bathroom, so that seems to be a permanent thing.  And we had different stateroom attendants so it wasn’t human error.  It’s a mystery…

Liz

That's just MSc. It's a different cruise line. You're right. It's not human error. It's just different for that line. You can request both and they will be provided. Room steward easily gets it for me and no problems after I request them. Happy cruising!

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I was recently on Divina for 19 days and there were no facial tissues ever provided and usually only one washcloth a day. I was traveling solo, so it was not an issue.

I think it may be due to MSC being an Italian cruise line and washcloths apparently aren’t used by many Italians / Europeans, or at least provided by the travel industry there. The reasoning apparently is that some can’t imagine using one that someone else previously used, even if it had been washed. 

https://www.moretimetotravel.com/washcloths-in-italy-italians-use/

Yep, it's just a MSC thing being a different cruise line. I asked the room steward for them and never had a problem getting them during the cruise. I'm surprised if people dont just ask the room steward, lol. 

17 hours ago, blueslily said:

That's just MSc. It's a different cruise line.

No just MSC.  Trans-Atlantic crossing on QE2, Bremerhaven to Southampton to New York:  one washcloth provided from Bremerhaven to Southampton for two people.  None after that.  Requests went nowhere.  (This was among other issues that we experienced on that crossing.  OK, we were traveling in Tourist Class (paying more per day than we had paid for our just completed Royal Viking Line cruise).  But, friends in First Class were as displeased as we were.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

"Trans-Atlantic crossing on QE2, Bremerhaven to Southampton to New York:  one washcloth provided from Bremerhaven to Southampton for two people.  None after that."

Is not Cunard known for their personal enrichment opportunities on TA crossings?

Perhaps guests were supposed to crochet their own washcloths during the crafts classes.

Crochet.gif.06bb3b4b9d69ec0a44c31cd3052d3250.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2