Observations of a recent Quest Cruise

JPH814

9 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

@JPH814Thank you for the very helpful review!

How did you find the itinerary, especially the Canadian ports? We are considering a similar cruise in 2024 (Montreal to Montreal), want to try Seabourn for the first time. 

The thread starter as well as myself were on the October 16th New York to Montreal cruise which is a different itinerary than the Montreal to Montreal cruise.  While we visited several Canadian ports, we also visited several US ports in New England,  I enjoyed most of the Canadian ports, especially Charlottetown which was a new port for me as well as Halifax.

the September 2022 RT Montreal cruise was significantly altered due to a major hurricane.

Nancy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nancygp said:

The thread starter as well as myself were on the October 16th New York to Montreal cruise which is a different itinerary than the Montreal to Montreal cruise.  While we visited several Canadian ports, we also visited several US ports in New England,  I enjoyed most of the Canadian ports, especially Charlottetown which was a new port for me as well as Halifax.

the September 2022 RT Montreal cruise was significantly altered due to a major hurricane.

Nancy

Thank you for your reply.

We did NY-Quebec a few years ago, and yes, I'm aware that it's different, but it has a few common ports, this is why I specifically asked about Canadian ports. For example, ports like Trois-Rivieres which is in both itineraries.  

Just now, ak1004 said:

Thank you for your reply.

We did NY-Quebec a few years ago, and yes, I'm aware that it's different, but it has a few common ports, this is why I specifically asked about Canadian ports. For example, ports like Trois-Rivieres which is in both itineraries.  

The only ports you’ll have in common with the cruise are trois-rivers and Quebec City.  I just looked at the cruise you’re considering.  I was underwhelmed with trois-rivers and if I went back would just walk Around on my own.  Been to Quebec City numerous times on multiple crystal cruises and the recent seabourn cruise.  Great city with lots to see and do

nancy

• Like 2

Many years ago, we were on a Route of the Vikings cruise from Dover to Montreal. We had a (way too) long day in Trois-Rivières, after spending two wonderful days in Quebec City. Not much to do there but a walk around the not very interesting town. We did that then ended up enjoying shipboard amenities for most of the day. Since we have taken many car trips to Quebec (living in New Hampshire, it’s an easy ride), my opinion is that the best thing about Trois-Rivières is the bridge. It’s a convenient way to cross the St. Lawrence if you’re heading to one of the Québécois parks. As a cruise ship port, it’s a dud!  On our cruise, we wished there could have been another night in Quebec City!

Edited by worcestergal
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, ak1004 said:

How did you find the itinerary, especially the Canadian ports? We are considering a similar cruise in 2024 (Montreal to Montreal), want to try Seabourn for the first time. 

This was our second trip on this (almost) same itinerary 

Quebec City was gorgeous

Bar harbor ( and Acadia park) was great

Halifax has a lot to offer. We have been there 5 times now. 
Boston is Boston.  A great city for history 

We enjoyed the zodiac trip to the fiord 

other stops were less exciting.  

I would highly Recommend the itinerary and Seabourne.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Exactly, How on earth do the Bar staff manage without Lemons

Just finishing cruise on Quest and had plenty of lemons so it must have been a one off. Great 14 day cruise our first on Seabourn and decided to book a 21 day Iceland & Norway cruise for next August.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Exactly, How on earth do the Bar staff manage without Lemons

I sense a tone of disbelief

I can say that any BAR I went to had lemons for all 12 days of the cruise. In fact, one of my usual drinks is a lemon drop at the observation bar. The COFFEE BAR had lemons.  I know because I frequently got a tea in the morning there.  There were lemons at the afternoon tea at the observation bar.

However, the first time we had the problem was in the colonnade for breakfast about halfway through the cruise.   My wife asked for her usual hot tea with lemons for breakfast.  No lemons came.  I asked again,  They brought slices of lime. The server said they had no lemon. Being the good hubby that I am,  I walked down to the coffee bar (Literally one floor directly below the colonnade) and brought up several slices of lemons.

The same thing happened the next morning.  After that, I brought my own lemons from the coffee bar to breakfast.

The last morning we had an early departure.  We ordered ROOM SERVICE .  Hot tea with lemons.  none came with the order.  I reminded the steward.  He returned with limes.

Do people think limes and lemons are the same thing?  (This happened to us on a Caribbean cruise on another line as well  - limes instead of lemons)

Was this the worst thing that could have happened on a cruise? no.  Did it spoil our cruise? No.  I do wonder how - if it was so easy for me to get lemons from one part of the ship-  how come a crew member could not do so?

On 11/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, ak1004 said:

We did the Montreal to Montreal on Quest in 2018 and really enjoyed the ports.  Did ship excursions on some, just wandered around on others, and spent our time on St. Pierre perusing the French patisseries!

• Thanks 1