Opinion on Zaandam Cabin 3417

VennDiagram

We are considering booking  HH 3417  on the Zaandam.  I know it is smaller than a regular OV, but the HHs are about the only cabins in our price range.  My concern is noise from above.  Would appreciate hearing your experience and/or thoughts on this cabin.  Also, I would appreciate any other suggestions for an HH that would not be subjected  to noise from above. 

Thanks in advance.

Halfacts mentions that rooms in that area (on that class of ship) are quiet, even being under the dining room. You would hear noise from activity outside on the promenade deck, but in my experience the noise level is not disturbing. I will be a few cabins away in January - 3405, but that might be too late to tell you what I thought of the location. Last September I was a deck lower and it was very quiet. 

• Like 1

My sister had 3418 (other side of the ship) and it was very quiet.

We were in 2713 and it was so loud that we could not stand it. It’s next to a machine room.  They moved us to 3382 below a kitchen. Very noisy, mostly door slamming and carts rolling. 

So I think you’d be good with 3417.

Edited by trk_koa
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sherry H said:

Am I correct in thinking the ocean view cabins do not have a refrigerator?  how does that work for those of us who are due a discount on drinks normally in the fridge?

You can rent a fridge. 

When I got on there were two cans of Coke and a bottle of water sitting on the desk.

• Like 1

We were in 3418 on the Rotterdam a few years back.  It was very quiet with no noise from the dining room.  The carpet helps and the time people are in there is limited.  I'd stay there again.   We have 3416 booked for July/August 2023 because of our experience on the old Rotterdam.  And, you are steps from the promenade deck.

• Like 1