VISTA Issues

Caps_Shield

I was on the ship in April and July.  In April there was a propulsion problem and we were a little late back to Galveston.  In July no issues at all.  We had no issues with hot water on either sailing.  She's a great ship the only thing I didn't like was the main show room with the pillars in the way of most seats and the floor with terrible seats.

4 minutes ago, TexasJohn82 said:

I was on the ship in April and July.  In April there was a propulsion problem and we were a little late back to Galveston.  In July no issues at all.  We had no issues with hot water on either sailing.  She's a great ship the only thing I didn't like was the main show room with the pillars in the way of most seats and the floor with terrible seats.

Thank you so much for the information! 

Was on the Vista in May. The cruise right before ours arrived back to Galveston about 2 1/2 hours late, and the cruise before that one got back about four hours late.

Our itinerary was changed to accommodate for propulsion issues, but we were never late arriving/early departing from any of the ports on the revised itinerary. The cruise Director told me in May that they had loaded the parts onboard during our cruise and were going to be fixing it by the end of that month. I haven’t really kept up with that, but that may have solved the propulsion problems that were plaguing the ship at the earlier half of the year. 

Water worked fine for the entire trip. 

After our sailing, which was my first on a ship newer than the Dream Class, I realize that I much prefer the older Carnival ships layout-wise. Vista didn’t have enough public space or windows in my opinion. It was still a great cruise and had great dining options, but just my personal opinion that the ship’s public spaces were not well-designed. 

Hope that your upcoming cruise is wonderful and is completely issue-free! 🙂

• Like 1

On Vista Oct 15-22.

Still had propulsion issues which caused the total itinerary change because the ship couldn't go fast enough to get to Jamaica.

But some people thought it was a cost issue to save fuel? Only a real problem for the Cozumel stop where we had to leave at 3 pm to get back to Galveston on time. The Dream, which left Cozumel after us, overtook us the next day and got to Galveston about 2 hours ahead of us! 

No hot water for about 12 hours during one of the port stops. People had to cold shower after their excursions and before dinner.

Major issue for me was that they did not have the Red Frog ale. It was not delivered to the ship.

14 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

On Vista Oct 15-22.

Still had propulsion issues which caused the total itinerary change because the ship couldn't go fast enough to get to Jamaica.

But some people thought it was a cost issue to save fuel? Only a real problem for the Cozumel stop where we had to leave at 3 pm to get back to Galveston on time. The Dream, which left Cozumel after us, overtook us the next day and got to Galveston about 2 hours ahead of us! 

No hot water for about 12 hours during one of the port stops. People had to cold shower after their excursions and before dinner.

Major issue for me was that they did not have the Red Frog ale. It was not delivered to the ship.

See all this is what I am worried about.  They do not seem to be able to fix this propulsion issue.  We travel with people that I really want them to see Grand Cayman, one of our ports, and I'm afraid of it not getting there. The cold shower is no fun either.

Was late getting back into Galveston in April.  Our itinerary was changed on cruise in October due to continued propulsion issue.  Cut out Grand Cayman and exchanged for Belize and had to leave Cozumel at 3:00 p.m.  Had hot water issues.  Had cold showers after returning from port.   Been on Vista 6 times, but do not plan on booking this ship again until issues are addressed.

We sailed on Vista October 8.  Only issue we had was low water pressure one day.  Had plenty of hot water for the duration of the cruise.  I guess we got lucky.  I hope we get just as lucky on our December sailing. CCL really should address the problems she's having - hopefully they will do so very soon.

27 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

We sailed on Vista October 8.  Only issue we had was low water pressure one day.  Had plenty of hot water for the duration of the cruise.  I guess we got lucky.  I hope we get just as lucky on our December sailing. CCL really should address the problems she's having - hopefully they will do so very soon.

I'm no expert - I leave that to @chengkp75 - but maybe they can make some temporary fixes on the fly, but better, more permanent fixes need a dry/wet-dock repair facility, or at least just take the ship out of service for a few days to completely shutdown the affects (sub)systems.