2024-25 Cruises

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

|Yes we booked R319 at £3570 per cabin for a mid/forward inside, so pretty happy with that.

We are happy with ours a GE balcony for £4558 at launch, always fancied trying Aurora but opportunity didn't arrive but thought we would try before she goes. Currently on P&O site, just inside cabins left at £2499.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, Megabear2 said:

We absolutely loved the Edge class.  Didn't have one of the infinity balconies but one of the real balconies (sunset view).  The ship is ultra modern, very glossy. The MDRs (4) are all themed meaning you can eat Greek one night, French the next, steak another and Italian another.  We had the premium drinks package as an upgrade for having this cabin so can't comment price wise.  Like all American lines PAYG for drinks is expensive.  We also used OBC to buy the prrmium dining, we had the 5 meals package and all four restaurants offered superb and unique food - I particularly loved Eden and Le Petit which is an interactive computerised experience.

The whole experience feels classy. Still get night turn down and chocolate (yes, I know, I know).

Our overall fly cruise package was around £400pp dearer than using Azura during the summer and £250 more than my Regal Princess cruise in July which was a very similar itinerary.  The Edge was all inclusive as was Regal, so not much difference for what we got.

You can of course spend a fortune.  The only "complaint" I'd make is that there are no outside front public areas as the suite area takes the front upper deck.  It didn't spoil anything for us but I am an ardent loyal Cunard cruiser so am used to some areas not being available to all.  Think Retreat with it's own swimming pool for the area I refer to.

I waxed lyrical at the time about the tender experience, I still love it and can't wait to go again!

Yes, from outside they look odd, but everything about the ship inside has the wow factor.  Absolutely no hesitation in saying it's an amazing experience and if there are to be UK sailings it will very much be my new choice alongside the Queens.  I stick with P&O for my Caribbean trips but the itineraries out of Southampton are becoming much the same and sad to say don't excite.  If the Apex one's are samey the ship will certainly draw me to her over the offerings on Britannia, Arvia and Ventura.  Not elegant like the Queens but certainly lots of excitement and modern glamour.

As you can tell I'm over excited at this news!!

Couldn't agree more --- we just LOVED EDGE and would cruise in her again in a heart beat. We too had a sunset veranda cabin which was a normal cabin and it was amazing. It was our last cruise before Covid, so we were well and truly spoiled .... definitely our favourite ship ever

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Couldn't agree more --- we just LOVED EDGE and would cruise in her again in a heart beat. We too had a sunset veranda cabin which was a normal cabin and it was amazing. It was our last cruise before Covid, so we were well and truly spoiled .... definitely our favourite ship ever

I priced up a launch offer in the weekend paper for a Sep 13nt 2024 Med cruise on Apex and found it was almost twice as expensive as the Iona 14nt Canaries cruise I recently booked on board, both from Southampton. It did include the standard drinks package, gratuities and wi fi, but that still leaves a major gap which I just can't justify, even though I love Celebrity.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I priced up a launch offer in the weekend paper for a Sep 13nt 2024 Med cruise on Apex and found it was almost twice as expensive as the Iona 14nt Canaries cruise I recently booked on board, both from Southampton. It did include the standard drinks package, gratuities and wi fi, but that still leaves a major gap which I just can't justify, even though I love Celebrity.

Me too. Celebrity is a step up from Princess, and two steps up from P&O, in terms of quality, but the price differential is too much for me. 

I would be tempted to switch to Saga at the Celebrity per diem pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I know .... our cruise on Edge was a special anniversary so we paid more than normal. Could not afford that all the time and as we approach retirement it may be one more blast before we have to stick to a rowing boat on fhe local park lake ........

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Me too. Celebrity is a step up from Princess, and two steps up from P&O, in terms of quality, but the price differential is too much for me. 

I would be tempted to switch to Saga at the Celebrity per diem pricing.

Hubby and I were talking earlier and were saying that of we head for the Caribbean it would have to be PO as the value for money is far greater than any other cruise line we have seen.

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hubby and I were talking earlier and were saying that of we head for the Caribbean it would have to be PO as the value for money is far greater than any other cruise line we have seen.

Which is why we are on P&O in the Caribbean next year !

Much as we like Princess, and love Celebrity,  being able to fly direct to the Caribbean,  with a proper 14 day Caribbean cruise,  rather than sailing out of FL/Miami,  is an unbeatable advantage. 

• Like 1