Priority Access--Boarding time Vs. When room is ready

elcuchio24

Anyone with experience with Priority Access know if your room is also ready earlier or just earlier to board? We're headed out of Manhattan next week, have a boarding window of 9-9:30am. I'm certainly not expecting the room to be ready at that time, but wondering if they ready any sooner than normal. Thanks!

9:00-9:30 is not your boarding window. That is most likely your Arrival Time. Boarding usually begins around 11:00am for Haven, Special Needs.... 11:30am ish for everyone else. Cabins are ready around 1-2pm, an announcement will be made when they are ready

After going thru security and checking in, getting your cabin card you can get a boarding pass. The lower the number the earlier the boarding

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

9:00-9:30 is not your boarding window. That is most likely your Arrival Time. Boarding usually begins around 11:00am for Haven, Special Needs.... 11:30am ish for everyone else. Cabins are ready around 1-2pm, an announcement will be made when they are ready

After going thru security and checking in, getting your cabin card you can get a boarding pass. The lower the number the earlier the boarding

Thank you that makes sense! 

• Like 1

Hi all, I am going on my first cruise (finally) once my cruise was unfortunately cancelled last minute this past January. What’s the deal with dining availability when they are boarding? Would we have access to all restaurants or just the buffet, or neither.  

we’ll be going on the sky 11/25 for reference. TIA!

4 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Anyone with experience with Priority Access know if your room is also ready earlier or just earlier to board? We're headed out of Manhattan next week, have a boarding window of 9-9:30am. I'm certainly not expecting the room to be ready at that time, but wondering if they ready any sooner than normal. Thanks!

Your time to arrive at the terminal is 9:00. You will be in the same steerage line for security (only Haven guests have a special lane on the left). Look for PRIORITY lines at check in. 

Priority boarding will start between 11:15 to 11:30. 

Rooms will be ready around 1:30. 

E76A37E2-F622-4ED4-9929-921856BE7120.thumb.jpeg.e2e97efa9c6eb28fb4bc85d81f2354d1.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You will be in the same steerage line for security (only Haven guests have a special lane on the left).

Aren't special needs folks also entitled to join that "special" lane? (i.e. special needs peasants in steerage)

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Smadler said:

What’s the deal with dining availability when they are boarding? Would we have access to all restaurants or just the buffet, or neither.  

You'll have several dining options and, they're all great!  We usually do the Local, more out of tradition than anything else.  I'm sure somebody will post an exhaustive list, but they typically include the Local (or O'shehans), one of the main dining venues and the buffet.

26 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You'll have several dining options and, they're all great!  We usually do the Local, more out of tradition than anything else.  I'm sure somebody will post an exhaustive list, but they typically include the Local (or O'shehans), one of the main dining venues and the buffet.

Thank you!!

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't priority access folks jump ahead of the normal boarding group numbers?

Yes, generally.  Before they start calling numbers, they call for (I believe) Platinum and higher.  As stated by others, Haven and special needs are boarded first but they're kept in a segregated area depending on port.

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!

If anyone has used Priority Access did you feel it was worth the $ spent?

Tom😀

I used it.  I found the spa credit very much worth it.  I would only pay for this on a port intensive cruise otherwise the associated perks are not worth much to me.