Ropes Course -- 48" Height Minimum

Aoumd

Thinking of taking my DS on a Father-Son cruise next year, as I have much more PTO than my wife.  Potentially looking at the Magic next August, at which point my son should just be hovering around the 48" mark that is the minimum to go on the ropes course.  And so my question: Do any other parents with kids right around the cutoff remember if the height measure sign (or whatever they use) measures 48 inches WITH or WITHOUT shoes on?  Because it literally might come down to that.

My son LOVED his first CCL cruise on Vista at the end of 2019 (wouldn't let us cut off the muster station wristband for 3 months after coming home, and then we had to hang it up as a decoration in his room).  Since then he's gotten into all things physical -- his favorite things to do on land are the Zava Zones, Sky Zones and Urban Air type places, and he goes to Ninja Warrior camp during the summer...so the ropes course is up his alley.  I just hope he will be tall enough to do it!

Would Carnival make a kid remove their shoes to measure just to have the child put the shoes back on? I doubt it

I don't recall a measuring sign , but I'm well over 4ft.

Can you give me the lotto numbers since you know your child will be hovering around 4 ft in 10 months.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Would Carnival make a kid remove their shoes to measure just to have the child put the shoes back on? I doubt it

I don't recall a measuring sign , but I'm well over 4ft.

Can you give me the lotto numbers since you know your child will be hovering around 4 ft in 10 months.

I was more curious if the measuring sign/stick/etc. is another inch or two higher, or if a 4'7.5ish" kid in sneakers is going to pass as 4'8" (in regular shoes, not stilts, not doing anything to cheat the system).

Obviously I don't know EXACTLY what my son's height will be next summer, but based on his current height and typical child growth charts I know he'll be somewhere around that ballpark, and it got me curious as to how they measure height :-).

Hope you had better luck than I had on tonight's Powerball drawing since it sounds like you play!  

Edited by Aoumd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aoumd said:

I was more curious if the measuring sign/stick/etc. is another inch or two higher, or if a 4'7.5ish" kid in sneakers is going to pass as 4'8" (in regular shoes, not stilts, not doing anything to cheat the system).

Well  48" = 4' so with or without shoes the heights you mentioned would be fine

They stand them next to a board that has 48" marked.

7 hours ago, MichiganFisherman said:

Put some napkins in his shoes if he's close.

Thanks for the tip 🙂 but I am not looking to cheat the system.  With the world returning to normal I envision plenty of future cruises in my son's life, and I can tell him he can do it next time.  I just got curious when I realized how he'd be right on the border...

Edited by Aoumd
typo correction
  • Like 1

I think it's pretty standard that height requirements include the footwear that will be used on the attraction. As the ropes coarse requires sneakers, that is what they will be measured in. 

If he is on the borderline, you could take him first thing in the morning.  He'll be slightly taller then than in the afternoon or evening - enough to make a difference! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I think it's pretty standard that height requirements include the footwear that will be used on the attraction. As the ropes coarse requires sneakers, that is what they will be measured in. 

If he is on the borderline, you could take him first thing in the morning.  He'll be slightly taller then than in the afternoon or evening - enough to make a difference! 

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

They will be pretty strict.  Their measuring stick isn't calibrated daily so figure room for error.   

Thanks for the info and reminder on height over the course of the day!