Can I use OBC in advance?

Eglesbrech

I had a quick search but could not find the information I needed so any help would be appreciated.

For a forthcoming cruise unusually we have quite a bit of OBC and would like to book some tours. Do we have to wait until we are onboard to do so or can I book in advance and apply the OBC?

Same question for upgrading from plus to premium. How easy is it to do this upgrade onboard if I need to it that way.

Many thanks.

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

For a forthcoming cruise unusually we have quite a bit of OBC and would like to book some tours. Do we have to wait until we are onboard to do so or can I book in advance and apply the OBC?

Yes. That option will show up once you go to pay for them. 

• Thanks 1

If the OBC appears in your travel summary then you can use it to pre-book Princess excursions. OBC can not be used to pre--book anything else.

Upgrades can only be done pre-cruise. I believe the cut off is three days before sailing. You can not use OBC. Here are the Princess FAQ

1. I already purchased my cruise. Can I upgrade to either Princess Plus or Princess Premier (if I already have Princess Plus)?
    Absolutely! You can upgrade from Princess Standard to Princess Plus with only $50 per day or to Princess Premier with $75 per day. If you already have Princess Plus on your reservation, you can upgrade to Princess Premier with only $25 per day difference. You can do so in Cruise Personalizer, contact Princess via our Contact Center, or contact your Travel Advisor. Please note that you can only upgrade from Princess Plus to Princess Premier pre-cruise.
  2. Are Princess Plus and Princess Premier available for all stateroom types?
    Yes! Both Princess Plus and Princess Premier are available to ALL guests and ALL stateroom types. They are capacity controlled and only available pre-cruise

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1