what to do at arrival

5 minutes ago, Rhonbru said:

I am cruising by myself as my husband died recently...we had already paid in full for this cruise...do I have to let the cruise company know or just show up at port by myself.

I presume RC?
If you tell them they will reprice it as a single and will be a similar price.
If you don’t,even while boarding ,it won’t make any difference and you will receive taxes and gratuity of the second person as a OBC.

14 minutes ago, Rhonbru said:

I am cruising by myself as my husband died recently...we had already paid in full for this cruise...do I have to let the cruise company know or just show up at port by myself.

Sorry to hear your loss.  Enjoy your cruise and memories.  Join in the trivia and etc and meet new people to keep yourself and your mind busy   Enjoy!!

Let the cruise company know in advance, with your reasons.  They should be able to give you some on board credit, at least.  

I hope you enjoy your cruise despite the circumstances. You are wise to make some new memories, even though it may not be easy.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I presume RC?
If you tell them they will reprice it as a single and will be a similar price.
If you don’t,even while boarding ,it won’t make any difference and you will receive taxes and gratuity of the second person as a OBC.

Just now, Rhonbru said:

no it is for a princess cruise....our cruise was made up of payment and cruise credit that they gave us for our diamond princess cruise that went into lockdown...my probem is if I let them know they may make me pay my husbands cruise credit part of the payment   we fully paid for the cruise months ago 

1 hour ago, Rhonbru said:

no it is for a princess cruise....our cruise was made up of payment and cruise credit that they gave us for our diamond princess cruise that went into lockdown...my probem is if I let them know they may make me pay my husbands cruise credit part of the payment   we fully paid for the cruise months ago 

Sorry about your loss but if you tell them they will give you back  fees & taxes which could be a few hundred dollars and you’ll get double points

1 hour ago, Rhonbru said:

I doubt Princess will do that.

My husband is not able to travel with me in February next year and he had the same credits I did I emailed solutions@princess and explained the situation and they were kind enough to transfer them over to me.

Cheers Carole

I'm on Coral tomorrow. My husband is in hospital. I rang Princess and they said I can change the name. I was surprised as it was FCC. 

I rang my agent and they changed it, no charge. If you have no one to take I'd just turn up. 

I also just got off a Carnival cruise and my husband didn't go. I just turned up by myself. I'm ringing them now about port charge refunds.  I asked on the ship but got no answer. 

Edited by sayaguru

I'm so sorry for you loss.  I'm also in awe of your choice to continue living well.  Good for you!

As others have suggested, keep busy.  Go to the Trivia sessions and find yourself a Team, eat in the MDR in the evenings at least and as much as you possibly can, smile and act engaging.

Go you good thing. 💗

On 11/8/2022 at 9:24 AM, Rhonbru said:

I doubt you'll be penalised in such a way.  If Diamond Princess didn't go into lockdown, you and your husband would have gone of the cruise.  They owe you!