Hotels near Port of Miami

cruisebaby9

Need suggestion for a one night stay in a nice hotel near the port, that will provide a ride to the port. Would also like to know if Carnival provides one way transportation from the port to the airport on return from cruise.  We have normallly taken an early morning flight and have always arrive by 8 am, and used round trip trasportation with Carnival from the airport to the port and from the port to the airport. Since we will be arriving a day early I wasn't sure how it woild work since we are not drving. This is a family cruise of 10 and we did'nt want to risk flying out the same day since there are no longer non stop flights from our area. With the airlines  having delays and cancellations.

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown...she said they work with a 3rd party shuttle that'll take you to the port, $10/pp.

Under shore excursions, there are one way trips from the port to the airport for after the cruise ... either MIA or FLL.  That's how we're getting there.  It was like $23/pp I believe.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Uber/Lyft will take you to the port far cheaper than most "packages and bundles"

👆 This! Even for a larger group, you can use Lyft/Uber. Just book two large cars (XL option with Lyft). Then you can go exactly when YOU want to go and not based on shuttle times. And you don't have to wait in a line with who knows how many other cruises to get into the shuttle. 

There are also private transportation companies that offer larger vehicle options like a Sprinter van that seat 10+ plus have ample room for luggage. You can book this in advance and usually the cost works out to be somewhere around $8-10 per person. We have gone this route before when we had a large group that we wanted to keep together! 

As far as hotels, I love the Intercontinental in Downtown Miami. Has a great pool area, large rooms, views of the port and is walkable to Bayside Marketplace where there are ample options for dining, shopping and entertainment! 

• Like 1

I stay at Holiday In Port of Miami - Downtown. It was $30 from MIA airport to Hotel and then $10 to go from the Hotel to the Port. I literally just walked outside and hopped in a taxi already waiting. $40 + tips isn't bad for 2 people to get everywhere we needed to go without any wait. We had a lot of bags too. I think it was 5 suitcases and they handled everything for us. They told us to wait in the car while they load and unload our stuff. I plan to use that method every time.

Edited by NanoGirl21

On 11/8/2022 at 9:12 AM, NanoGirl21 said:

I stay at Holiday In Port of Miami - Downtown. It was $30 from MIA airport to Hotel and then $10 to go from the Hotel to the Port. I literally just walked outside and hopped in a taxi already waiting. $40 + tips isn't bad for 2 people to get everywhere we needed to go without any wait. We had a lot of bags too. I think it was 5 suitcases and they handled everything for us. They told us to wait in the car while they load and unload our stuff. I plan to use that method every time.

How hard is it to get to South Beach from this hotel?  Looks reasonably close on the map.  I've never been to south beach.  I don't suppose the hotel provides any beach towels or stuff like that.  Are their any public place at South Beach that would maybe rent a chase/umbrellas for a day?

Did you just grab a taxi at the airport or did the hotel arrange something?

Edited by pittnh

9 hours ago, pittnh said:

How hard is it to get to South Beach from this hotel?  Looks reasonably close on the map.  I've never been to south beach.  I don't suppose the hotel provides any beach towels or stuff like that.  Are their any public place at South Beach that would maybe rent a chase/umbrellas for a day?

I have never been to south beach. Sorry, I am unable to help on that topic.

I just grabbed a yellow taxi already waiting at the airport. I did not arrange anything with the hotel.

• Like 1

First, there are tons of options a few good ones have been given. I would also look in the Brickell area, which I would suggest over Downtown. It is all part of what one would call "Downtown" but different neighborhoods. Brickell Hampton Inn is the most popular pre-cruise hotel. 

Don't fuss about a ride to the port or shuttle. Downtown and Brickell are so close to the port that a taxi or rideshare is usually cheaper than per-person shuttle. 

10 hours ago, pittnh said:

There are tons of taxis at the airport or it is east to get an Uber/Lyft which is usually cheaper and better service. 

To get to South Beach, yes it is easy, again just get a taxi or rideshare. Depending on time of day and traffic it can be as quick as 20-mins or a bit longer if there is traffic on the causeway. I don't know about towels there are sometimes places set up to rent chairs/umbrellas though. 

• Like 2