MILITARY OBC

slug33ukuk

We recently booked the Britannia for Feb to the caribbean,  We have done this a number of times  along with Princess lines. I sent an email to PO asking to add this OBC to my booking.......once again sending all required details....which I have done on many PO and Princess cruises.  The answer I received back was as follows

"because it was booked as a promotional offer ( hotel stay as well)" IT IS NOT COMBINABLE WITH MILITARY OBC......I was somewhat "miffed" to say the least, If I was getting anything extra with this booking I would maybe understand......but we are not,,,,we are paying for the extra(hotel)...Anyone else have knowledge etc of this?

53 minutes ago, Port out said:

Same applied to me with a direct booking with P&O for a couple of cruises booked on Iona in 2024/25, somewhat surprised as the OBC is fairly low and I don't see anything else which represented a promotional offer.

I think too there has been some reports that it has to be applied at the time of booking.  This never used to be the case as described by the OP - I just get the feeling that conditions are now being applied such that it may be refused.  Just in case, when doing our last booking I asked for it to be applied from the get-go.  It's not much, but if eligible, then it's worth asking. 

So we booked arvia for aug 23 and rung up to apply my forces discount about a month later. Had to just tell them my DDC number and my father in laws Blue light card number. It was fine and no issues and OBC applied. In nearly all cases i have found its down to the person you call as they all seem to apply the rules differently. But we rung them and didnt try with emails.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

We have very recently booked a fly cruise on AZURA to med and canaries (23 day) I then applied for the military OBC,   I also had the BLUE LIGHT CARD. ...Sent all details, card numbers etc. Just had a reply from PO   "Because we can see you booked a late saver fare THE DEFENCE COUNCIL CARD is not combinable with your fare type.We do offer BLUE LIGHT benefit which is additional OBC calculated by length of cruise and cabin grade selected. PLEASE NOTE......the benefit can only be applied to our SELECT FARES at the time of booking over the phone.PLEASE NOTE the BLUE LIGHT CARD BENEFITS are not applicable to bookings made through TRAVEL AGENTS.ONLY IF BOOKED DIRECTLY WITH PO.over the phone...........This is the second time the military benefit has been refused by PO, it is OBVIOUS they are looking for excuses not to apply it. It seems you MUST BOOK THROUGH PO DIRECT WITH A SELECT FARE  AND BOOKING A PREMIUM CABIN. (Which is a lot more than booking with TA.) Talk about CLASS SYSTEM.....just because we like to communicate with a live face to face person and try to save a few pennies we are penalised for it. Previous to these last 2 cruises I never had a problem getting the MILITARY BENEFIT on either PO and PRINCESS.  Now all of a sudden they decide they need to do this.............................................................................................     SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN BEWARE........THIN END OF THE WEDGE.

• Like 1

think its only been applicable to select fare for awhile now - i had no problem applying Military to cruise I'm about to go on via TA but Ive not used a blue light card benefit. I couldnt apply to a staycation cruise as wife booked a saver fare last minute - 4 weeks from cruise due to it being a saver fare - however the cheaper price more than offset the small obc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Book bug said:

Blue Light Card OBC has been for select bookings only and have to book by phone for at least a year now. 

Had to be a direct, not agent booking for a while as well.  I have had a blc for about a year, so do not know about prior to that.  Just found out then that I was eligible for one as an NHS pensioner.

• Like 2