Upgrade from Verandah to Neptune

WannaSea

May want to ask HAL whats includes. Also need more info. What ship?  Make sure you know the cabin number also. One of the nice things about Neptune is the concierge lounge located on 7th deck for most ships but not all Neptune cabins are on the same deck nor in quiet areas (near busy area). Usually the fare cost difference is about double and the upgrade offer may be just 50% more so if you can do it for under 50% cost, might be worth a try. We found we didn't need the room for the extra cost and we already get priority benefits and laundry for 5* Mariner level so not always worth it for us. But we did just sail in a Neptune again (had FCC to use) on a Pinnacle ship and used Orange Club restaurant most nights over the larger/noiser MDR.  

Edited by REOVA
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help. I'm a humble 1 star on Eurodam partial Panama Canal and wasn't expecting any kind of upgrade. At least I had done a lot of research about cruising HAL and really have enjoyed the knowledge and camaraderie in this forum. I was surprised to get an offer from Verandah directly to Neptune, but being between Thanksgiving and Christmas this sailing seems to be low demand and there are also many signature suites still available. Have It All is still included and upgrade fare was below 50% so I'm now unexpectedly very happily booked for a Neptune suite thanks to advice here.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

No.  You get to keep the HIA.

If you do not mind sharing, how much did HAL want for the upgrade and how many days was it for?

10 days for $600, seems like a bargain to my untrained eye.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WannaSea said:

Yes that will be a nice cruise. Eurodam is our favorite now...a little larger than Zaandam but not as big as Pinnacle class and still feels like a ship. 

• Like 2

Was that per person?

Yes. Probably not bargain basement, but non-monetary considerations were also in the decision. Was going to decline signature suite in hopes of a further discount or just stick to verandah, but Neptune was just too tempting. 

2 hours ago, IamHungry said:

Are you on Eurodam 11/20-11/30? I am on this one and didn't get any upsell offer.... When did the offer come in?

Offered yesterday and I accepted 3 hours later, thinking it might already be gone. I believe what's meant to be just happens. I'm embarking 11/30 as you leave so it's between the holidays. I've seen more buzz about your cruise than mine so your trip might have fewer available cabins. You can do a dummy booking on HAL's website to see what's still available. I had been looking only at other Verandahs for a possible in-category bump so it was a big surprise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WannaSea said:

Yes. Probably not bargain basement, but non-monetary considerations were also in the decision. Was going to decline signature suite in hopes of a further discount or just stick to verandah, but Neptune was just too tempting. 

I think that is a good price to go from a veranda to a Neptune.  I’ve been quoted a lot more than that for a 7 day on an upsell.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WannaSea said:

Good deal from Veranda to Neptune.  We wouldn't do it if we were already in a Signature Suite.  We find that they are more than adequate for the two of us and the added expense of a Neptune just isn't needed but again, definitely from Veranda to Neptune for that price. Nice!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WannaSea said:

Still a very good deal IMO.  Most times we have paid an average of $300 pp for 7 days to go from Signature to Neptune, so for $600 for 10 days plus a two category upgrade IMO that is a great deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still a very good deal IMO.  Most times we have paid an average of $300 pp for 7 days to go from Signature to Neptune, so for $600 for 10 days plus a two category upgrade IMO that is a great deal. 

Thanks. Without much experience, I appreciate the reassurance that my decision was a good one. Also educational to get some ballpark numbers out there so newbies can make sense of the complex financial landscape. Now that it's set I must admit we're giddy in anticipation of enjoying the unforeseen extra perks of this trip. Once in a lifetime Bucket List squared!

3 hours ago, dileep said:

On the November 17 panama canal 14 day cruise:

Upgrade for select bookings from your Verandah (Category VA to VH) to the following best available: Signature Suite (Category SS to SZ) for an additional $699pp

Was this an offer that you recently received?  What ship?